silica gel packs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could always try it out and let us know how it works...
I think it'd only be necessary if your in a very humid climate..
I was thinking this was gonna be about a silica supplement.. :doh:
oh well..

thebestofthecentury said:
could we possibly use these to cure or store the buds?

Hello Thebestofthecentury :)

I have been using them for years.

Every jar I have stored has a 5cm x 5cm Silica packet in it.

Nothing worse than opening a jar 6 months after curing it to find that smell of ammonia knowing that you just ruined a whole jar to mould.

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Thebestofthecentury :)

I have been using them for years.

Every jar I have stored has a 5cm x 5cm Silica packet in it.

Nothing worse than opening a jar 6 months after curing it to find that smell of ammonia knowing that you just ruined a whole jar to mould.

:peace:

Had that happen. :mad: :hairpull:

No idea why I never thought of it, have several large ones in the gun safe.:doh:

DD

yea i would think to put them in for less time, like 24 hours, but one question, how was the bud afterwards, on a successful silica packet cure?

There a great thing to have on hand, I use them in every jar and put a couple in the bottom of my brown bags under a bit of shredded up bag. Humidity is really bad around here.

thebestofthecentury said:
yea i would think to put them in for less time, like 24 hours, but one question, how was the bud afterwards, on a successful silica packet cure?

I think Hippy puts them in his jars of ALREADY cured product.

You want quick-dry, put a strong fan in your drying chamber, you'll get quick-dried.

The slower the cure, the better the herb.;)

Latest posts

Back