small grow room need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneangryjew

Reaction score
I am in the planning phase of grow room and need some suggestions.
The room is 3x4 the problem its a attic closet. the problem is th closet is not a full 8 ft throughout. it slopes as soon as you enter untill about four foot on the back wall. i was planning on using 400 watt mh because i have 4 extras. will the radiant heat be a problem in that small of a space. i am worried about buring the house down. also i will be gowing lowryder. to help on space. if the 400 watt would be to hot, i could use 2 t5 and a 175 watt mh. thanks for any help.

I'd go with a 600w a 400w I think would be alittle small for that space! You could do it with the 400w but your results won't be what you expect, I like to have 5000-6000 lumens per sq/ft for flowering and 4000lumens sq/ft for veg. A 4x3 is 12sq/ft so I would want at least 60000 lumens for that space just my opinion through, good luck with the planning!

Phatpharmer

Might need an a/c depending on your location. I use a portable ac in my basement during june-august, and I have good ventilation!

I have to agree with what everyone said as well. I use a 400W but mines outside in a shed so I fight mother nature!

Criz

:ciao: my friend...IMO..you will need two of those 400 you have and save the others as backups..the lights you have are they inclosed or open hood? how do you plan to vent? can we cut into side wall at top of vaulted ceiling? and at base of opposite side exterior of house? you can do this with what ya got..do you have any pics of what we are working with? thanks for growing

criz...i grow in a shed too...but i run like 7200 lumes a sq foot HPS/MH take care and be safe

BHC 123

Latest posts

Back