Smokin' Game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vespasian

callawave
Reaction score
How Ya Doin' :ciao: On a recent trip to Amsterdam, I had a typical coffee-shop moment after smoking some fine bubble-hash. Between my second and third cappuccino, and third pipe. (Thorough couchlock had set in by this time) I started trying to identify the nationalities of the customers as they entered, by the way they purchased their puff.
I then spent the rest of the week unable to refrain from positioning myself with a view of both door and the produce counter at every coffee-shop I entered. IT’S A BRILLIANT GAME!!!
I was right about 80% of the time. Here are some of my observations:
Dutch – Usually just very laid back and a glass of orange. (Knows the budmeister by name).
French – Tend to send the girls to buy the pot, while the men get the coffee.
German – Stride in, throw their beach towel on the last empty seat then ask for a menu and spend twenty minutes choosing.
English – A bold and eager entry, keen to get to the menu. Love to think they’re connoisseurs. Always go for the strongest bud on the menu. Tend to go very quiet after smoking it.
PS. I may be bias, but we Brits DO roll the best joints of any nation.
Americans – Tend to be in groups of four or six. Enter quite furtively, talking about the paintings they’ve just seen at the Van Gogh museum. Wander around a little looking at pictures on the wall etc. Order a coffee and sit at the bar. Finally the aroma gets the better of them and in almost a whisper, ask for a menu.
Japanese – Well it’s obvious which nationality they are, but they tend to be gregarious and know how to enjoy themselves. After a puff, the boys are loud and the girls get fits of giggles.
Anybody else played this game? Or am I an easily entertained sad old git?:dancing:

Latest posts

Back