SOG on Strawberry Cough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGCOUGH

CHRONIC COUGH
Reaction score
Attitude says" The plants have long branches, making this beauty a great plant for ""sea of green"" gardens". But KINDGREENBUDS.com says " It is too branchy for sea of green, but Dutch Passion recommends planting 15-20 plants per square meter (1-2 plants per square foot). " So which one is right?

LOL Man, I want to make you a refrence that's not all wrong, but not all right either....
Now, when reading a 'How to' book of gardening, you must remember that each persons gardening experience is different. The plants we're into growing, actually can be manipulated pretty much however you want...It just depends on how your grow is set up, the style of light you have, and the space you're working with, SCROG works for any type of plant, Sea of Green works well for indicas....not sure which side of the species it's dominant of, but you have to take all the information available, and make your own decision on how to best use your area of growth

i've grown the regular DP version.... it's really good quality smoke and, depending on the pheno, can be a great yielder contrary to what they say.... i grew mine in an Ebb & Flow, in 6" pots, and the clones yielded just over an ounce each.... i'll agree with the lot of side branching description.... but, the side branches wind up filling out the canopy and giving you good use of your space.... i planted 8-10 cuts in the 2' x 3' system, but i'd say you could easily do up to 12-16....

here's some cell phone pics i managed to find.... sorry about the low quality, but you can get an idea....

02-21-08_2203.jpg

02-25-08_2203.jpg

02-25-08_2204.jpg

02-25-08_2206.jpg

02-25-08_2207.jpg

02-25-08_2208.jpg

02-25-08_2209.jpg

02-25-08_2210.jpg

02-25-08_2211.jpg

02-25-08_2212.jpg

OGCOUGH said:
Attitude says" The plants have long branches, making this beauty a great plant for ""sea of green"" gardens". But KINDGREENBUDS.com says " It is too branchy for sea of green, but Dutch Passion recommends planting 15-20 plants per square meter (1-2 plants per square foot). " So which one is right?

Well, I can say that plants that have long branches do not really do well in a SOG, but do well in a SCROG--I wonder if this is a typo on Attitudes' part?

Must be. BTW its funny cause it says the same thing Tude says on Dutch Passion site

Latest posts

Back