soil mix time released ideas advise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_toker81

'Re'Member???
Reaction score
i bought this soil at walmart. im a first time grower and need lots of advise. i think im doing very well so far other than having tall skinny plants with lean foilage, i dont know if its the strain of smoke or if my lighting is off. im usung flouros and mirrors for the sides and a 65 watt 120v plant grow n show for heat and blue spectrum and have them close to window so they get natural sun. im usung a soil called expert gardner perfect mix. the mix is "0.10-0.08.06" is that good??? it says it feeds up to 9 months and also has a fast release plant food for vigorous start and a slow release plant food that last for 9 months. i dont know if i trust that??? does anyone have and info for me. maybe should i use more plant food for flowering stage? i just started my 12/12 cycle 2 days ago and i think i got lucky and got 2 females. YAY! lol . also does anybody have any advise for making the plant more fuller bushyer?

1. Pre-mixed/time-release soil at wal-mart is not going to be a good soil for future use, but since you already have your babies in there its going to have to do. You will have to be extra careful with additional nutes bc with each watering the time release nutes are also releasing flooding the plant with nutrients.
2.Usually if you have lean plants they are reaching for the light, how close is your light? Also if you can replace your side mirror walls with a flat white paint(very cheap at wally world) you will have better use of your light. Mirrors absorb the light before sending less out.
3. You can use a flowering nute to send them into an unmistakable flower mode but make sure you use 1/4 strength dose or less to see the reaction.( I like to start with fox farm big bloom, really easy to work with)
4.There are ways to pinch/prune your plant to increase bushiness but since you are now in flowering mode I wouldn't advise this bc they will take time to heal and respond and you want them to direct all energy into sweet sticky bud production. If you can get the light closer to the plant canopy it will sometimes increase fullness of the plant, but other times it is purely genetics and will continue to be long internode spacing.
What size pots do you have them in?

umm are you using a picture of yourself as your ID image? My advice would be to change that first. Then buy a HPS....that will make your plant fill out.

i have them in 8 inch. i started them in compressed pete cups and just put cup and all in 8 inch pot with the mix. since the jiffys r suppose to decompose i figured it would be fine. and also i didnt know about moving the light closer , right now its about a foot1/2 away and didnt know if i would move it closer if it would scorch the canopy

Hi dr_toker. I agree with Ike. A lot of people do not like using mircle grow/ Scotts potting soil. Personally this is all I use, had good grows and have had no problem with it except with the MG organic. I also invest little time cultivating my plants. I just put my cracked seed into a jiffy plug, wait for it to sprout, put it in my container with soil and turn on my light and timer. Its not the most ideal way but I do get nice buds. It all depends on how much time and effort you want to put into the indeaver. The only things I put a lot of money into is my HPS light and seeds.

Latest posts

Back