soil prep for spring planting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNY

Reaction score
Im geting ready for my second grow. need some advice on the best way to get my soil ready.Im in calif in the central valley, in the area im planing to grow im told use to be a lot of fruit trees. so im thinking thats a plus good soil to start with. Now i would like advice on what too add to make it better also would it be better to go organic or chem or maybe a little of both just to check things out. now if what im planting plays a part on the advice here is what i am going to plant. master kush - auroura - new york power diesel - white widow - jack horror. All advice will be a big help:hubba:

Howdy BENNY! benny here, lol. I vote against any chems for an outdoor grow. That's just me, an organic gardener. Typically, some of the good stuff to add to the soil are: greensand, compost, worm castings, bone, blood and kelp meals, lime, epsom salts, leaves, perlite, sand and lots more. Depending on where you live and the availability, you can add rabbit, chicken, horse, goat and cow manures. Do these early, like yesterday, so they don't burn tender seedlings. Composted cow and chicken manures are better than fresh and much safer. You get out what you put in. Where I am growing, I plan on adding 4 plants to my in the ground area. I need to remove a 4 foot diameter, 2-3 feet deep amount of clay in each hole. It's work, but I can use this same place yearly. Have fun.

I agree with no chems outdoors. Especially if your grow is in little patches spread all over 4 counties. If you have to travel by foot, chems are a pain anyway. I turn the dirt in the fall, turn in some cow **** into your compost pile in the fall, add some perlite, worm castings, bone & blood, any of your fish parts, (after you slayed em at the river) some dolomite lime. Fill the back of your truck bed with this, and a couple 5 gallon buckets, and yer shovel. I like to take my dogs to...they like to go. Turn all your holes throw a bucket of your compost on it and wait til spring. In the spring take your hardend off clones, (bunch of C99) and your dogs. (it's Morel Mushrooms up here in the spring exscellent fried in butter!) Turn your compost in with the dirt. If it's sandy ground you'll want to add some black dirt. If it's black dirt you'll want to add some sand. I like to plant when we've had a bunch of rain...and everything is wet...then you don't have to find a creek to walk to. (I like to plant in the rain for several reasons.) Stick your clones in the ground...as long as it rains your gold. I Like to visit about 6 times throughout the grow. So I time these for when it's a dry spell...or rather the earth tells me when to go do this...I don't time crap. Every time you visit take a couple gallons of tea.(I got a 100 gl liquids container from a tractor supply place, and I use (2) 5 gallon gas cans to carry out in the field)..guano's and what not...there alot of recipes...pick one good for veg lots of (N) in the spring and early summer, and one (or 3 for 3 different visits) high in (P) in the fall. So in the fall your truck is full of sh*t, and in summer and fall it's full of liquid sh*t, and hopefully one full moon late in fall at 3 o'clock in the morning your driving home with a truck full of THE sh*t....I can't wait for spring!!!

You can use this I guess if you live in mid-west, or Great Lakes area...I've never grown anywhere else...I'm sure this won't help if you live in the Mohave Desert...lol

HEY BENNY, i was wondering if you would respond thanks for the info im going to start puting your info and the info from legalize freedom to to work tomorrow any how thanks for your time. be safe

Latest posts

Back