Still waiting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spaceface said:
...ART...im gonna grow outta hempy buckets i decided that this seems easy enuff and more convenient than soil...my question to you is...do you plant the bean straight into the soiless mixture?...or do you use those rockwool cube or something of the similar?...or do you just put the bean in?...thanks..space

:) what are you going to use for a medium? I sprout the beans in a paper towel and then plant in the middle of a 1" rockwool cube, tail down. Make the hole deep enough so there's about 1/2" above the top of the bean. If you don't, a lot of times the seed husk doesn't come off by itself when it pops. I close the hole back up over the bean with a toothpick. Then the cube goes into a humidity dome. I wait till I see root(s) coming out the bottom of the cube before planting in the hydroton. I water it 2x/day to keep the cube (and the roots below) moist until the roots hit the reservoir. You'll know that has happened when you notice the plant grew an inch overnight :hubba: Then I water once/day. Just water for the first 2-3 weeks. Good luck :)

In case you're growing Himalaya Blue Diesel, I've noticed it's more nute sensitive than RRF.

Art i will most likely be using perlite and vermiculite...how much does hydroton cost as well as rockwool cubes?...and i wanna use earth juice organic nutes too....the problem is...their is only one hydro shop in my area and its in a upscale neighborhood...im paranoid to even go there...i want to...but im very nervous...any thoughts?

MKush (1024 x 768).jpg Planted - I uncovered the top of the cube for the pic.

Art i will most likely be using perlite and vermiculite...how much does hydroton cost as well as rockwool cubes?...and i wanna use earth juice organic nutes too....the problem is...their is only one hydro shop in my area and its in a upscale neighborhood...im paranoid to even go there...i want to...but im very nervous...any thoughts?

I've only used hydroton, but watch out for pre-nuted vermiculite/perlite. I paid about $15 for 20 liters of hydroton (really big bag). Rockwool is very cheap. If you do decide on perlite/vermiculite, I'd look at the 3" or 4" rockwool cubes - I'm sure the bigger cubes will give the plant good stability in such a light medium as it gets bigger.

I have no fear of the hydro shop :hubba:. If you google "hydroponic vegetable" you'll get millions and millions of hits :). Dress upscale, walk in and act like you're shopping at wally world would be my advice :hubba:

cool...thanks Art...and i noticed that you can place your order on the web then come in and pick it up..thats great!!..right up my alley!!...must you soak the rock overnite?...

I do. You'll notice the water is yellow after you do so something soaked out of it :)

hey space don't sweat the hydro store man...really I'm sure your local law enforcement has better things to do than stake out the hydro shop....don't mention what your growing and all will be fine. Paranoia will destroy ya!

Latest posts

Back