Stunted and yellowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dault

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what might be affecting this Chronic that was planted from seed indoors?
I had them (5) under my 450 HPS but figured they were yellowing due to too much heat/light.
Right now they’re under florescent “mood light" that have worked fine for seedlings in the past. There was no change between the two.
Overwatering?
Anybody?
They’re in BIOTERRA potting mix, especially for this situation …
HELP!

weed_sicky.jpg

That appears to be nutrient burn from being started in prenuted soil. I don't know how nute filled the Bioterra is but for seedlings, you just about need to start them in coco or some other chemically neutral medium. They will grow fine on just air and water for the first 2 weeks as they pull nitrogen and carbon out of the air. If they are put in nuted soil too soon or from the start, the roots get burned and take a long time to recover, which then will make it appear to have deficiencies. I suspect that is where you are now.

You could either try to remove it from that soil and put it in some neutral soil for a couple weeks with some rooting tonic to see if it will come back, or you can just wait it out and see if it survives. Either way it will take several weeks to get back right again.

I personally would start over with fresh seeds and new soil. Good luck with it either way you decide :)

that looks terable man....I dont like those cups either...ther crap for growing MJ...the rootball IME stays inside...

welcome to the Site...many folks here willing to help..maybe ya should have chimed in sooner...looks like a rough road ahead

take care and be safe

I wouldn't veg grow under a HPS (not that this is your problem). Yellow light is for budding while white light is for veg growth.

I agree with the above with some sort of nute burn. Like advised, get some chem neutral soil and try that. Or maybe some Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil.

Also, how often do you water? Your soil looks pretty wet.

Good luck.

I have never seen a 450 HPS--are you sure it is a HPS? What is a fluorescent mood light?

I'm thinking it is overnuted , though. Check out your soil and see what is in it. You want soil with nothing at all in it for sprouting seeds. Soils that are prenuted or have those moisture crystals are not good for marijuana. I am not crazy about peat pots either.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have never seen a 450 HPS--are you sure it is a HPS? What is a fluorescent mood light?

I'm thinking it is overnuted , though. Check out your soil and see what is in it. You want soil with nothing at all in it for sprouting seeds. Soils that are prenuted or have those moisture crystals are not good for marijuana. I am not crazy about peat pots either.
i think he its talking about a mercury light and mood light its a type of flouresent just like coolwhite and warm white

I would get rid of the mercury light as they are really expensive to operate.

just us your florous they will work with no problem or your best bet its to go led good luck

If it is a mercury light, that is no good for growing. I would not recommend LEDs. What are your plans for a grow space?

What are your temps running? That will tell you if it got too hot. Do you have a fan blowing on the babies? I do believe that it looks like nute burn though.

Your ideal veg color temperature (in Kelvins) is roughly 6500k (more of white color). Your flower color temp is roughly 2500k (more of a yellow color).

Thats why people use fluorescents like T5 bulbs at 6500K color or a Metal Halide for vegging; And HPS bulbs for flowering. Your plant looks like it's stretching a little more than it should on top of your nute burn. When and if you go to transplant into something a little nicer to your plants bury your plant up to those little first leaves.

Latest posts

Back