Styrofoam type insulation panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mndovrmtr420

Ganja Grower
Reaction score
Howdy everyone. Wondering if anyone may know about those kinda stryrofoam insulation panels you can get at lowes and home depot in sheets of 4 x 10 feet. Specifically, they come with a covering on one side that looks like it may possibly be mylar, but I am not sure. It is supposed to help bounce off thermal heat to keep it in or out depending of course on which way it is placed. Anyone know if it is mylar? Just wondering so I have a better idea of the light reflective quality of the material. Hoping it is because at 7 bucks a sheet of 1/2" thick, it will make for some great movable walls without having to paint them. Thanx all in advance.

Yup be usein styro inso and with the green and reflective for me reflective and do quite well by me lots to uses and light to the canoe when loaded

BWD

They have tongue and groove panels that lock together but I'm not sure if your trying to keep ALOT of your hot/cool air in you might have to double up because the R value(heat retaining value) is only a +5 R for every inch of that stuff. But it makes great for building a false wall with out worring about putting new drywall up!

i wouldnt use those for plant reflector, but for keepin the heat out from outside, is a good thing

I have used the stuff and am not impressed with the reflectivity of it. There is some other stuff at Lowes and HD that is called "reflectix" that uses either mylar or something very similar. I checked it out and tested it. It is supposed to be like 95%+ reflective. I can't say for sure about that but I can tell a lot of difference between the reflectix and the insulation. The reflectix is far better in my opinion, and it breaks up the light a bit so that you don't have hot spots that can occur with smooth reflectors. :)

Latest posts

Back