Sunshed? What do you think...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuLu

Reaction score
After much dilemma, I am thinking about purchasing the Cool Cab from Sunsheds. I like that it is turn-key. Also, everything is self contained in what looks like a large office cabinet.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I have spoke with the owner a couple times and he has patiently answered the questions I have had. They do have a FAQ on their site that was informative, but as a novice, I really don't know if there are certain questions I should be asking. That's where you come in!

If you aren't familiar with this company, here is their web address sunlightsheds.com. I would appreciate any input, as it is some serious bucks for me to spend.

Thanks! Lulu

What are your goals, and do you need that much stealth cause they are way expensive IMO.

Good Questions! Thank you! It is overkill for what I need, tho' where I live now has no space for a grow room or closet. This cabinet fits well at the end of my hallway upstairs. The only room upstairs is my home office and no one but myself has ever traveled up those stairs. As it will be out in the open and you just never know.....does make the exterior just as important to me as the innards.

I will never use this cabinet to its full potential. Honestly, the cabinet size and exterior has been the driving force for me. I agree with you about it being pricey. I would hope that if I owned this growing system I would not have to ever invest in another.

Just like my bud, I am willing to pay the premium for top shelf. I am just hoping that this cabinet is top shelf and not a waste of hard earned money.

they are a very good company, I ordered thier largest shed (3 years ago) and it claims you can grow 14 plants in this. I never even took it out of the crate for 15 months and when I finnally unpacked it I found about 8 items where missing, I e-mailed the co. they sent the stuff no questions asked! I was amazed.

micro plants would work in this.lol

it also gets very hot I have a very hard time keeping the heat under 80 degrees in that thing, even with all that comes built into it.

I use it now for vegging and I am thinking of removing the 400 watt reflector from it and replacing it with flos. and moving the 400 watt to my flowering room.

but I do think it is a nice system. if you get it I will give you a few pointers that will make your 1st grow go better than mine.

most important, grow a short strain in it, and one that wont bush out to huge.

good luck!:D

Thanks for your advice, bigbuds!* One of my concerns was the depth of the cabinet.* The Cool Cab is their largest cabinet, it does state that it is capable of housing 14 plants.* 14 plants of what, I'm not sure!* I plan on growing no more then 4 plants at one time. Tho' I hate to limit myself to just very compact plants.*

From what I've read here, I thought I would start my first grow with Northern Lights as is seems to somewhat forgiving. Is there another strain that you would recommend beyond NL for the cabinet?

If the heat has been an issue, what would be the optimum temp. you would want? I'll check and see if they have make any improvements in the last couple of years concerning the heat issue. Can you feel the heat on the exterior of the cabinet?

Have you had successful grows start to finish in the cabinet? I am a little nervous about making the right choice or I should say the best choice for my living situation.

Thank you again for your help!
LuLu

The cheese from big buddha seeds would be fine!!!

the two smaller pants are the cheese the taller one is jack herer they have been on 12/12 two weeks think they should grow around 5 feet they are quite bushy tho

07072008025-1.jpg

are you grown organic/ hydro?

you may find it hard keeping the temp down as big bud said.
good intake and exhaust will be needed wae oscillating fan

good luck :D M R

Maverick Rebel said:
are you grown organic/ hydro?

Yes, I would like to. I am still seconding guessing myself on the cabinet. I am going to visit a hydro store today to see if there are other set ups that possibly could work for me.

I am going to order my seeds tomorrow, thanks for your advice!

LuLu

Latest posts

Back