Supreme Court eviscerates 4th Amendment over marijuana smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MedMJ the downfall to that approach is that if it does become legal federally, then the FDA will gain control. Then what.

Only "federally licensed" pharmaceutical companies will be able to manufacture it into a "exact measured" quantity pill or liquid. With other drugs mixed in to reduce the euphoric effect.

Prime example being synthetic opiates.

What mother nature provides in a seed pod that a couple of puffs will do ya is now a liver poisoning pill measured in exact doses with an astronomical amount of Acetaminophen included.

I've always been leary of the outright "legalization and regulation" mentality.

I've been more of the "decriminalized" and leave it what it is...a weed.

The MMJ law is there so the gov. can't take advantage of me

and you have the right to view it that way. Me I'm more libertarian about it.
Leave the feds out of the lives and rights of states. Do their job and regulate interstate commerce, foriegn affairs, and national defense. Leave the domestic stuff to the states to handle and abolish the DEA, FDA, and ATF. Reduce the FBI to on request from states Law Enforcement or internal affairs problems. and and for states to fight to adopt nationwide policy that addiction is a medical problem not a criminal problem.

It is the right of the people to oppose their govt. if there govt. is taking away liberty from its people. The people are now scared of our govt. as you have stated. This is when a govt. is tyrannical. We are supposed to respect our peers in society...not fear a govt.

StoneyBud said:
You've misunderstood what my stance is, Erbal. I'm not *against* MMJ.

I'll repeat that so there is no misunderstanding:

I'm not against MMJ.

What I'm against is the government making it necessary to call MJ "Medical Marijuana". We, the people, should not have to force the government to let us use MJ by using this means of eventually legalizing it.

I understand that every single person in the entire world could claim a need for "Medical Marijuana". Sure they can. I don't think there is a person on the planet who doesn't periodically get recurring medical problems of some sort; back ache, neck ache, head aches, nausea,....the list is endless and being used by the vast majority of people who acquire a permit to use MMJ.

I see this as a "game" between the citizens of the USA and their government that shouldn't be necessary. MJ hasn't been illegal very long in the USA. It was made illegal by the government using a "catch 22" to make it impossible to possess it legally. The old "Tax Stamp" bull-crap. "Oh", they say, "You can bring us your MJ and we will give you a tax stamp to allow you to have it. However, if you have it in your possession BEFORE you have a tax stamp, you've broken the law and you are no longer possessing it legally, so you're a criminal at that point and cannot apply for a tax stamp".

The government had to resort to TRICKERY and DECEIT to even make MJ illegal eventually. A government "shell game" that had no winner, ever.

Since then, our government has used MJ to create a huge, leaching group of laws and logistical support for those laws that eats BILLIONS of OUR tax dollars each year to ENFORCE a law that shouldn't be a law in the first place.

THAT is what I'm against. I don't think that MMJ is a stepping stone to legalization any more than prohibition of alcohol was a stepping stone to legalization of that substance. Sure, one followed the other, but the first is not the reason the second took place.

With alcohol, the government was FORCED to legalize it or fall into bankruptcy trying to enforce it. The people wanted alcohol and use of it didn't decline one iota during it's prohibition. According to some historians, it's use actually INCREASED as a result of prohibition.

People then used the "This alcohol is for medical purposes" to both acquire it and use it, just as people now are doing with "MMJ". It just pisses me off that we, the people are FORCED to play this game of words with the very government that is supposed to be OUR backup and support, not our nemesis and jailer.

In my town, if you were to show up at any of the large companies to work and told them you used MMJ, they wouldn't hire you. They would make some sort of excuse OTHER THAN the truth to refuse you employment, but the end result is that you would NOT be hired. If you already worked for them and a situation arose that made them discover you used MMJ, they again would find an EXCUSE to fire you. They would simply include you on the next layoff and say it had nothing to do with MMJ. ANOTHER GAME!

These GAMES that OUR government is playing with us are costing US, the taxpayer, BILLIONS of dollars of OUR OWN money! It's like some giant scam being perpetuated against us by those who are supposed to be representing us for our well being. Instead, they set up a catch 22 that makes us jump through hoops like little trained animals, to acquire what we should be able to have without any games.

I hate the games man. It's a type of game that is actually a lie. A blatant lie that is created by and continued by the people who are supposed to prevent that type of action to it's citizens.

It's the type of behavior that would be EXPECTED by some 3rd world country with a Dictator, NOT by a country that has 300 million citizens that fork over their hard earned cash by the truck load to PAY FOR their own abuse.

I've never said I am against MMJ. Not once. Not ever.

Let me make that clear:

I've never said I am against MMJ. Not once. Not ever.

You say that "MMJ is so that the government can't take advantage of you". I'm sorry man, but that is exactly what they are doing by making it necessary for you or anyone else to use MJ. They are making you lie and cheat and play games to acquire and use MJ. Without "playing the game", you are a law breaker. Here's a news flash for all MMJ users; you're still breaking the law. MMJ is a state level law that is NOT RECOGNIZED by the federal government. If they decide that they want you in jail, they can use marijuana to put you there and they'll put your MMJ card in your personal belongings while you're in their FEDERAL jail for illegal marijuana cultivation and use.

THAT'S what pisses me off!

I'm against the necessity for a stupid game like MMJ to be played by our government and it's citizens. *I* will not play it. I'll continue to stay off their grid and do what I have for 50 years; defy them by doing what they say I cannot. I'll do exactly what those during prohibition did; I'll use it and make it anyway.

I'm here on a group of people who are all here as a result of using MJ. Each of us have broken the stupid, unjust and unfair laws that our government created to force us to do something we would not do if given a choice; we play thier games. Games of law. Games of Medicine. Games of the mind.

Angry? You're damn right it makes me angry. I'm a man of principle. My principles will not allow me to partake of a government led set of games that do nothing but trade blatant lack of fairness for a game of words.

Every time I finish a crop, I laugh again at the government. I've beaten them passively by NOT playing their games. Sure, it's a hell of a risk. IF they catch me, they'll try to make an example of me to the rest of the citizens of our country. More games.

I am absolutely in favor of legalization of marijuana. I've made that clear as can be on this site. *If* MMJ ends up forcing our elected government to allow it's use under fair laws, then I'm all in favor of it. I don't believe that the MMJ push will be that cause any more than massive use of "Medical Alcohol" was the deciding factor in legalizing it.

But, I am angry that our elected government has forced us to perpetrate this MMJ shell game to accomplish what should be allowed in the first place.

CRIME was what made the government come to it's senses on alcohol. Alcohol "Cartels". Gangsters like Al Capone and the like. Murder, and violence on a scale that is NOW HAPPENING with marijuana. THAT is what I believe will cause the eventual legalization of marijuana. For exactly the same reasons the it happened with alcohol.

I wish every person in the USA that smokes MJ would eventually get a MMJ card. I hate that it's necessary, and I hate my own government for bastardizing it's own set of standards to make MMJ necessary, but if it lessens their grip on us and lessens the stress and penalties, then I'm all in favor of it as a means to the end. The end being getting high when you want to and it's safe to do so.

Making me out to be "the bad guy" because I speak my mind about how MMJ came to be and exists is crazy. I'm not the bad guy. Our government leaders who support MJ being illegal are the bad guys.

I wish there was a way to have every single MJ user in the USA stand in protest all at once. I believe there are as many as 50 million of us in just the USA. If every single one of us stood in protest at once, as did the Anti-VN war people, then this joke of government games would end over night.

The government has created an environment for us that makes this impossible. Too many people would be hurt in the process of protest, so it'll probably not happen.

MMJ *may* be a stepping stone. We'll see. If and when the FEDERAL government accepts MMJ, then THAT would be a HUGE step.

I hope I've made my stance crystal clear. I am NOT against MMJ. I'm against the necessity of calling MJ "MMJ". It arrived at that point in an unfair and unjust manner that makes me ashamed of my own government.

Please, tell us how you really feel! :D

StoneyBudI hope I've made my stance crystal clear. I am NOT against MMJ. I'm against the necessity of calling MJ "MMJ". It arrived at that point in an unfair and unjust manner that makes me ashamed of my own government.[/quote Although I did read the essay said:
SB is not against MMJ.[/B] :) SB (and I) are against the reasons it that originally forced MMJ into creation.

What really burns my buttons in the OP, is the blatant disregard for our basic rights. I don't care if the dude had an 1/8 or a 1lb. The cops had no right to enter his home and the judicial system protected law enforcement instead of our civil liberties.

Our government was created with a tri-check of powers, but what do we do as citizens when all three powers (Judicial, Legislative, Presidential) give the finger to our rights outlined by our forefathers? We resist and revolt, something that I don't wish to actually ever see happen. We have a good foundation for a great system. I don't want a new government, I just want to go back to square 1 and eliminate this clown show called the US Federal Government.

"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a mans appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes... A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded"

I love this quote as it sums up my feelings on any prohibititive measure. WHo said it? Abraham Lincoln in Dec 1940, quoted in The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer.

I live in the UK so there is no mmj law here, just a nanny state trying to control every aspect of our lives, totally corrupt and available to the highest bidder. Thats right, your country is too!!!!

The desire to become a politician should prohibit a person from ever becoming one.
Peace all W

woodydude said:
The desire to become a politician should prohibit a person from ever becoming one.

I love that statement! Ain't it the friggin truth?

If we made politicians of only those who had to be dragged into it, I think our laws might be much different now!

But then, the ones who really want it would start pretending not to.

"NO, NO, Pleeeaasssse don't throw me in that brier patch!"

I did the student government thing went I went to college. One semester of being a school senator was enough to make want to shoot myself in the face. Spent hours every Friday in meetings (that were suppose to be 2 hours) listening to people bicker about how we need to stop carrying Red Bull so we can carry Monster in the Student Union building. Seriously? We couldn't carry both? /facepalm

Latest posts

Back