The Death of my Hydroponic Experiment...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viracocha711 said:
Marijuana Success Indoors
Garden Tours and Tips
by Ed Rosenthal

HHMmm...How about this one?

I may buy both of these...I am also looking for a book dedicated to cooking with cannabis and alternative methods of use besides smoking....Any suggestions?

YIKES, If this thread has evolved in such a way you see fit to move it, then please do, sorry.

Yes, that's a great one too.

Okay Stoney, how 'bout that step by step ebb and flow system?

Thanks,
Metalchick

metalchick832 said:
Okay Stoney, how 'bout that step by step ebb and flow system?

Thanks,
Metalchick

I've put one in the DIY area and if you look at the top of the 1st and 2nd post in that thread, you'll find this link to all the questions and answers to the thread:

HOW TO THREAD
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6674&highlight=4-Unit

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3908

Quite a few people here have this system up and running. You'll love this setup. Just post any questions you have in the Q&A area.

Good luck to you!

Stoney Bud said:
Oh yeah, that's a good one...hehe look below.

...Is that pic actually your book?

I love spiral bindings, especially on books that are to be used as quick references.:aok:

BTW-I bought it!

Viracocha711 said:
...Is that pic actually your book?

I love spiral bindings, especially on books that are to be used as quick references.:aok:

BTW-I bought it!

Good for you! It's a great reference book. Yes, that is the one I have sitting next to me when I'm posting on the group. I always double check the answers I give in several places before I post them. I wouldn't want to send someone down the wrong path because my memory isn't real hot these days.

Interesting to see someone else uses the frozen bottle trick- I've used it in aquariums to keep the fish from cooking.

I on my first hydro grow, DWC, and now I'm wondering what will happen if I'm growing during hot weather. How do you monitor the temp, and at what point should I get worried & try to cool things down?

Great thread, prevented a problem that surely would have hit in July.

MergeLeft said:
I on my first hydro grow, DWC, and now I'm wondering what will happen if I'm growing during hot weather. How do you monitor the temp, and at what point should I get worried & try to cool things down?

An instant read thermometer is the best to use.

There are two distinct temperature areas.

1. Above the ground or that part of the plant that is in the air all the time.
2. The temperature in the root zone or media or the temperature in your reservoir or where the roots are below the ground or media.

The above ground temps should not ever go over 90. 75-80 is best.

The root zone should be at 72 degrees for perfect growth and you can use a treatment such as "Rebound" to avoid Pythium contamination or other problems.

MergeLeft said:
Interesting to see someone else uses the frozen bottle trick- I've used it in aquariums to keep the fish from cooking.

Yes, I have actually found the correct size bottle to use in my res to keep the res temps right where I want them...In other words I have tried many dif size bottles until I found the one that will keep my res in the correct temp range. I use a 2 liter coke bottle frozen solid and I only have to change it out each AM when I get my coffee.

Viracocha711 said:
Yes, I have actually found the correct size bottle to use in my res to keep the res temps right where I want them...In other words I have tried many dif size bottles until I found the one that will keep my res in the correct temp range. I use a 2 liter coke bottle frozen solid and I only have to change it out each AM when I get my coffee.

That's very *cool*hehe, Viracocha.

Mine sits out in an airconditioned room, so I don't have that worry, but that's a real good trick to know.

LOL! Thanks, yeah, many mornings drinking coffee and freezin bottles, my wife thinks I have lost my mind! That res sits below several south-southeast windows so it gets sun all day. I also found that covering your res with black plastic to keep the sun out will also act as a water heater! I changed that mistake right away! :(

...Things will change once I get my first Cannabis Hydro (Stoney Bud's 4 unit Ebb & Flow) system up and running. That res will be on a concrete floor, if needed, and on foamboard when needed...And in an AC/Heat controlled room without windows and insulated on all 4 sides & the ceiling. So, I will have several options to play with to keep the res temps where they should be.

Latest posts

Back