The Feds blink... WA and CO MJ laws get federal go ahead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
I didn't see this coming.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/eric-holder-marijuana-washington-colorado-doj_n_3837034.html

woopsies I just posted this as well, Hamster...lol...

One Giant step for Mankind.:48:

Hammy...is that a live link???;)

cubby said:
Hammy...is that a live link???;)

Lol...yeah. I just got a Galaxy Note 8 to replace my Ipad which I loathe at this point, and have not totally got the hang of it. :) I thought I unchecked the "Automatically parse links in text" button but I guess not. It's fixed, everyone is once again safe. :p

I think this is one of the biggest steps for MJ ever....... medical mj in many states can't be more than 3 years away........ going to be hard for states to hold back medical mj for those who need it....... can't justify the felonies for something mostly harnless...... the public is quickly becoming much wiser about mj and its use. decriminalization is coming.

My phone been ringing off the hook. Ppl scrambling to fence off 5 acres, build greenhouses and blow some greenery up. The demand is already thru the roof here. Nobody can keep up. Things are about to get real interesting. Being able to make a living on the books is opening its doors to those of you that want a chance a being a farmer all day, every day. Cause that's what it would be.

i'm just waiting on a northeast state to go legal and i'll be packing up in a heartbeat. Colorado and Washington are just too far to move my family.

i'm just waiting on a northeast state to go legal and i'll be packing up in a heartbeat. Colorado and Washington are just too far to move my family.

Same, except, I'm waiting for my state lol! I couldn't leave this state if I tried. :)

There are 1000's if not 100000's of people waiting for it to become legal in their state...... the door has just been opened........ the war on mj by the federal govt is over......... states may try to enforce out dated mj laws...... will be hard to do when their neighboring states have opened the door wide...... decriminalizing it will be their only logical choice.

This is a big deal yall....... just keep your ear to the news....... things could start happening fast........ Our time for coming out of the closet is coming much faster now.

nouvellechef said:
My phone been ringing off the hook. Ppl scrambling to fence off 5 acres, build greenhouses and blow some greenery up. The demand is already thru the roof here. Nobody can keep up. Things are about to get real interesting. Being able to make a living on the books is opening its doors to those of you that want a chance a being a farmer all day, every day. Cause that's what it would be.

Been on the fence on Growing for the State ..But now that we got the okay from Feds:yay: Im looking to Lease a Building

FWEEDOM:clap:

:lama: :lama: :lama: :lama: :lama: Now maybe this conservative side of the state will quit putting moratorium on dispensaries....

If it was up to this side of the state this never would have passed... I am so very happy.:lama: :lama: :lama:

I can't wait for legalization to come to Minnesota. I had thought about moving to a weed friendly state, but just can't do it. The advantages of Mn just outweigh legal weed, I'll stay put and work/wait on legalization to come to me as opposed to chasing it.

I am also thinking that with this pronouncement that a lot of other states are going to be willing to do like CO and WA have done and legalize cannabis. CA and OR may be the next to legalize. I have pretty much decided that I am putting my place on the market in the spring and moving to a state that is not so archaic.

I think any states that would be open to legalization will follow suit fairly soon. States that are socially/politically conservative will hold out until their dying breath.
If you live in a state that opposes reproductive rights and/or gay rights you'll be among the last to see legal weed.

I'm just a Crazy Canuck on the outside looking in but isnt this a much bigger announcement then its being played as? Is this not the first time your Federal gov has recognized any kind of legal use of MJ?

you should be partying in the streets. imo

If you EVER thought about going into the Biz...now is the Time.
As NC stated, if you truly want to make a living at it, be prepared.
You will see a drastic reduction in wholesale prices, for one. There will be a huge influx of crappy herb flooding the market, which in turn will drive the price down far from what you think you will be getting.

Everyone and there grandma will be jumping on the bandwagon.

IMO, the only way to stay ahead is simple focus. If you want to stay ahead of the game, and the thousands of players, you will HAVE to stand above everyone else.

2 ways to do this, from my experience. You can either get a good strain that yields darn good, meaning at least 1.5lb's per light, and sell off your wares for a little lower then everyone else. You will soon find out it is not really about the Herb so much, as it is the Number.
Secondly, you can get some SUPER dank, keep the cuts to yourself, and PERFECT it. Produce only super bomb. This will get you a better number, and keep your phone ringin' as there will not be a lot of truly super herb out there.

It will get worse, and frustrating, before it gets better. Only the strong willed, and super skilled will survive.

Personally, If I was in WA or CO, I would stay away from the outdoor scene. That is NOT where the $ will be. Outdoor prices are very low, and competition is HUGE.

Don't get me wrong, there is ALOT of $ to be made in outdoor, but not legally. Believe that. Locals and "retail" outlets will not be able to consume the vast amounts of outdoor that will be produced. East Coasters will have a field day.

So, if you want to stay as legit as possible, stick with indoor, and perfect it.
GO BIG. If you are not scared when you first fire up the show, then you didn't go big enough.

Latest posts

Back