The Mad Doctor's Neverending Experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, one final thought for everyone on this forum - If you run Windows, you're already compromised with an NSA backdoor built-in to Windows. It's been there since Windows 95.

So what's the point in this "security" when your computers, and likely forum servers, are already compromised?

KaliKitsune said:
I'm suspending this journal until something reasonable happens.

I own the rights to all of my pictures and videos. I choose to not upload them to this site and that is my right as the copyright holder of the photographs and video footage. I pay for hosting of my pictures and videos, and I keep it there and ONLY there. If this can't be respected, fine. This rule #7 of yours is morally and ethically bankrupt, and it robs people of their property rights.
..My My.. "runnnn....far and fast, while you still have some semblance of moral integrity...
you most certainly won't be the first "invaluable" asset that has been ran off, by our ..."moral and ethical bankruptcy"... :rofl:..
I'll make it easy for you kali'..
The rules are in plce for reasons that have been discussed here plenty of times. We are not going to change them to please you. You most certainly are allowed to edit, remove, delete, any picture that is posted on our server. MP has no interest in "stealing" images, that is rediculous.
If you don't want to post here, simply "don't".. but don't come here with constant critisism. I've about had a belly full of it.. :ignore:

I can do one better than "suspend" your journal, I can delete it entirely for you... :D
....soooo, either join in, and become a usefull part of the community, or shutup and move on..

Hey Big K, greenpassion will let you load your video. I think it would be cool to see a time lapse conclusion type of vid for a grow journal. I have no idea what the big deal is! It's really kind of lame because it's just a video. I have no idea why we cannot post our own pics the way we want to because it is our personal contribution to the site but whatever!! I guess I will never be posting any of my grow stuff on any of these forums. I mean you would think it would be cool as long as you do not compromise your own safety or everybody else's.

Hick said:
..My My.. "runnnn....far and fast, while you still have some semblance of moral integrity...
you most certainly won't be the first "invaluable" asset that has been ran off, by our ..."moral and ethical bankruptcy"... :rofl:..
I'll make it easy for you kali'..
The rules are in plce for reasons that have been discussed here plenty of times. We are not going to change them to please you. You most certainly are allowed to edit, remove, delete, any picture that is posted on our server. MP has no interest in "stealing" images, that is rediculous.
If you don't want to post here, simply "don't".. but don't come here with constant critisism. I've about had a belly full of it.. :ignore:

I can do one better than "suspend" your journal, I can delete it entirely for you... :D
....soooo, either join in, and become a usefull part of the community, or shutup and move on..

I've talked with MarPassion about this - we're working out an arrangement to be able to hotlink my photos from Photobucket. See, what you fail to understand is where you lucky folks get unlimited access and pay per month to be on the internet, I pay per GB of data I transfer either up or down. I can't afford to upload to both this site and photobucket, and I pay photobucket to host my stuff, so guess where I'm going to tend to upload it?

Besides, if I uploaded all my pictures here, this site would go down in a heartbeat (Not to mention I'd go dead broke and deep into debt) because I've got well over 2 TERABYTES of images. Your hosting provider doesn't even give you that much storage space, let alone RAM to handle a dynamic database of that size, and I couldn't afford the overage charges on my internet account. Simply put, that's why I don't upload my pictures to this site.

And I *HAVE* been submitting constructive things to the site - people just started coming in with negative (and absolutely BASELESS and PARANOID) feedback on some things. Your members have already INSULTED me yet I've never said an insulting word to them. I get held to Rule #7 yet your senior members don't get held to Rule #2 when they insult me. Just how fair is that?

I think the Photobucket thing is cool. We should all do that. I really like Photobucket too. It's the best image host available online and it's free!! You can make slide shows and upload your videos. They give you so much memory too! You can share photos and it's completely anonymous. They will however delete your account if you upload nasty stuff.

I have not seen anybody insult you KaliKitsune and I just think you are sensitive to people being suspicious. You do not seem to understand where everyone is coming from. You offer money to change the website and stuff.....it's just kind of suspicious. I really just don't get you at all. You are not contributing anything by being defensive all the time either.

Dozingoffaroundthecorner said:
I think the Photobucket thing is cool. We should all do that. I really like Photobucket too. It's the best image host available online and it's free!! You can make slide shows and upload your videos. They give you so much memory too! You can share photos and it's completely anonymous. They will however delete your account if you upload nasty stuff.

I have not seen anybody insult you KaliKitsune and I just think you are sensitive to people being suspicious. You do not seem to understand where everyone is coming from. You offer money to change the website and stuff.....it's just kind of suspicious. I really just don't get you at all. You are not contributing anything by being defensive all the time either.

The insult was made by papabeach1, changing my name from KaliKitsune to KaliDITsune (I'm sure you know what a dit is,) and said maybe you sux. I reported that post and as of yet I haven't seen anything done about it. I've also had a moderator threaten to just ban me from the site, even though:

A. I only committed a couple of minor infractions concerning posting of images to this site (which are in the process of being resolved,) and;

B. I have not made any threats or openly unkind remarks to anyone else on this forum, unlike one member has done to me.

Where's the justice?

i say we all just chill, get messed up (like i am right now) fly our kite high, smoke a:bong1: and have fun lets talk about pot! not rules :)

it just seems like alot of crap over postin a picture. why make a big fuss over is it that important to you or do you just have nothing better to do then complain about what you don't like. who are you? why should people care what you like you've been a member for less than a month and all you've done is piss and moan. jmo

Okay I see....you're right that was not nice but it was more of a poke than a stab. I'm sorry dude I mean it seems like you are really cool and all. No worries!! :lama:

KaliKitsune said:
The rule, and I'll quote the relevant part only, is "7. Please try to post all of your pictures on this site."

Key words here: PLEASE TRY. It doesn't say "You are required." The way this rule is being enforced lacks moral backbone.
the mods were stoned and trying to be polite....read the photo bucket thread....i've seen many "edited post" due to the photo bucket thing and the like,..picasa is free...come to think of it, so is this site.. so relax....burn one...windows or not, it's still in your best interest to adhere to the policies set forth by MarPassion..would you argue with someone who asked you to take your feet off their couch ????......

slowmo77 said:
it just seems like alot of crap over postin a picture. why make a big fuss over is it that important to you or do you just have nothing better to do then complain about what you don't like. who are you? why should people care what you like you've been a member for less than a month and all you've done is piss and moan. jmo

That's what I'm talking about - are you even READING my posts? If you were you'd know EXACTLY what my problem is - Let me repeat is loud and clear so you understand.

I DO NOT HAVE THE BANDWIDTH TO UPLOAD TO BOTH THIS SITE AND PHOTOBUCKET. UNLIKE YOU PEOPLE, I PAY PER MB/GB OF DATA TRANSFER. YOU GET UNLIMITED ACCESS FOR A MONTHLY FEE.

Do you understand or must I repeat myself even louder? I can't afford it, and I *SERIOUSLY* doubt your site can handle over two terabytes of images and video TO BEGIN WITH.

I'm down for photobucket!! I think everyone should check it out anyways. If you have personal photos and videos that you do not have room on your computer to handle you can upload it there for free. I mean I don't work for them or anything but it's a good site. It's easy to use and it saves a lot of trouble. Plus if you post pictures on here they will automatically show up on the post and be really large and vivid. You can make slideshows too. It's good stuff. I'm sure they can delete an account if they have problems with your content. I would back up all data on a removable usb drive and keep it somewhere secure just in case. They are fairly inexpensive and easy to use.

Let me make it clear for you, I don't care if you can post a pic or not. i've seen mj plants before, i've seen grow rooms before. im sure since your such a brilliant guy you'll figure something out. if you can't afford to post pics maybe you shouldn't post pics.

honestly i don't think it matters to anyone here if you post pics or not. why should the rules change for you? if they change one for you then why not change one for the next new member that might not even be here in two weeks and so on untill all the rules are gone. because people like you complain about everything. like said in the above post this is a FREE site, your free to leave anytime. if you paid to join this site i could see you complainin about things you don't like but its free be happy with what marp has givin us..

most of the members here are daily poster and like things the way they are. atleast i do. everyone gets along and helps each other anytime they can. the reason why its like that is because the mods keep it that way. so if rules are disregarded for you where does it end and what will become of this site? if i've broken a rule report me to the mods, but for goodness sakes stop makin everything a big deal.

no need to type so big i have a large screen, it just makes you look stupid!

Slowmo77,

Please check out Photobucket for yourself before you knock it down entirely. I mean it is such a cool format and way to host pictures and store them. It makes sense to use their site to save memory. That is what they are there for and I mean I am not trying to get in your way of proving a point but you should see for yourself. Even the photos you post would come out better and you have more options. That's all I am saying because I prefer Photobucket all the way. Even when I send pics in e-mails to my friends I use Photobucket links to save them memory. I swear I do not work for them but I love that it's free and so easy to use.

Sounds like this person needs to find a new internet provider. Also sounds like a bunch of hoopla over nothing. Really, there isn't a need to post pictures man on this site and photobucket. You should be able to hotlink em here with image tags anyways.

Go to the properties of the pics u uploaded to photobucket and copy and paste the URL to the site. there is a little tag above the quick reply box that has a mountain on it and that is what u can use to TAG images. It really isn't that hard and it will not affect your Bill from your isp at all since u already uploaded the pics, u are just linking us to them.

I think everyone should take a step back and breathe. This problem really isn't a problem....at all.

Image tags and URLs is the answer to your pic posting hassles.

GET a new ISP too.... your company is screwing you.

some people just like something to whine and sniffel about.you could say black and he would say white.its beating a dead horse.the best for all of us regulars,to just ignore the hype and bull crap thats spewed from the mouths of antagonistic people that thrive on discord.go play with your pics somewhere and experiment elsewhere.JMO

Dozingoffaroundthecorner said:
Slowmo77,

Please check out Photobucket for yourself before you knock it down entirely. I mean it is such a cool format and way to host pictures and store them. It makes sense to use their site to save memory. That is what they are there for and I mean I am not trying to get in your way of proving a point but you should see for yourself. Even the photos you post would come out better and you have more options. That's all I am saying because I prefer Photobucket all the way. Even when I send pics in e-mails to my friends I use Photobucket links to save them memory. I swear I do not work for them but I love that it's free and so easy to use.
check out photo buckets legal policies...................they will kiss the *** of the leo's and help them bust you any way they can..

i get what your sayin dozinoff. its not about the service they provide its the fact that its not allowed. they don't want members postin pics via photobucket so we just don't do it. nothing against the product or company. rules are rules and should be followed or at least not complained about since its a free site.

andy52 i think your right. this will be my last post in this thread, i hope.. i get sucked in pretty easy it seems. oh well

andy52 said:
some people just like something to whine and sniffel about.you could say black and he would say white.its beating a dead horse.the best for all of us regulars,to just ignore the hype and bull crap thats spewed from the mouths of antagonistic people that thrive on discord.go play with your pics somewhere and experiment elsewhere.JMO
:ciao:

Dang......:angrywife: :hairpull: :shocked: :eek:

:postpicsworthless:

Just kidding. Trying to lighten the mood..... continue

Latest posts

Back