THERMAL IMAGE THIS!......pig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,,thats what I said the other day. They see excessive heat buildup,,not yer freaken lights. And of course I know ya can get decent bud with Floras because I have done it,, and have some in flower right now,,looking mighty nice I might add,,,without the worries of FLIR seeing heat build up in my house.:hubba: And YES,YES,YES,,I know HIDS are better.:rolleyes:
Ya gotta make sure you say that,,,cause if you dont,,,SOME,,of the HID PPL will start telling you how your wasting money,,,and thats OK. To each his own. Im not an idiot,,I know Hids will give ya a bigger yield.
But for Personal Stash,,,I dont get why you would take that chance are go to so much trouble to get rid of heat,,if yer not a Dealer or MMJ Provider. If you are a provider,, then I get it. But ,,just for personal..I dont get it. And let me say this.I was at the Hydro store the other day and he has several setups. HIds and Floras. There is no comparison to the heat from Floras(T5) and the HIDs. The Hids are much hotter. Grab one,, and you will find out.;) I had someone tell me the other day that Floras put off as much heat as HIDs,,:eek: Yeah,,well ,,like I said,,,GRAB an HID bulb and tell me it aint hot enough to burn the **** outta ya. And,,, if it will burn you and the Floras dont,,how in the hell can ya say the Floras put off as much heat.:holysheep:

burning watts/producing lumens, ...produces "heat".. the most efficient form of lighting.. lumens per watt consumed IS HID/HPS lighting.
50,000 lumen of flourescent lighting will produce very similar amounts of heat.. as 50,00 lumen of HID, but WILL cost more, consume more electricity.. :confused2:..

AND, I am not "dissing" anyone for using flou's,.. just keeping the information real.. ;)

50,000 lumen of flourescent lighting will produce very similar amounts of heat

Hick I have felt the heat coming off both,,and I dont see the simularity. Like I said..how can something that wont burn you,,put off as much heat as something that will. That doesnt make since Bro. You cannot make me believe that warm and hot are the samething,,, that just doesnt make since,,,plus I have seen this for myself. I am not saying that HIDs are not Proven to be a better light system for growing more Bud. Im not even gonna say Floras are cheeper to run,,,But the heat thing,,:confused: Come on ,,Burn ya,,not burn ya,,same heat?:rolleyes:

.. it's "just" science cowboy, not trying to be arguementative.. I'm not even going to say its "fact".. but....
400 watts of cfls will produce a "similar" amount of heat as a 400 hps.. IMO/E
IMO.. the flos are distributing/dispersing the heat over many more sq inches of glass, in multiple paces, rather than it all being concentrated in one spot..(the hps bulb)..is probably why they appear cooler to you..

400 watts of cfls will produce a "similar" amount of heat as a 400 hps

OK,,whatever,,I will leave this alone.These guys (light Companies) aint paying me a dime to argue this point.:ignore: Besides I have too much respect for you and your knowledge to argue with you Hick. You are very good and have helped lots of PPL on this forum.

.how can something that wont burn you,,put off as much heat as something that will. That doesnt make since Bro. You cannot make me believe that warm and hot are the samething,,, that just doesnt make since,,,plus I have seen this for myself
.. the head of a match wil burn you, but.. if you disperse that same heat over 2 sq. ft., wil it still ??

I guess my point is, you are consuming equal amounts of energy and transforming it into "light and heat"..
since hps is proven without a doubt, to be more efficient(more lumens per watt consumed) it would be reasonable to assume that what energy expended, in not producing light, is producing "heat".. thus, would 400 w of hps actually be cooler than 400 w of flou's..???
I may be off my rocker with that analogy, but "I" don't think so.. ;) I'm sure if I am, there wil be a sparky or a physics major to set me straight.. :rofl:..

Read last thread again please. Maybe I was typing at the same time you were.;) IN short,,I dont care enough, to argue with someone I respect.

If you have a crawl space under your house, couldnt you just go thru the floor? If usually stays cooler under there. Maybe put the exhaust hosing towards the center of the house.

CowboyBudsky said:
Read last thread again please. Maybe I was typing at the same time you were.;) IN short,,I dont care enough, to argue with someone I respect.
not arguing with you cowboy..and definately not disrespecting your views.. "I" am certainly not above being wrong/incorrect in my theory.. ;) though I do try not t be.. :hubba:
If I am, I certainly hope a more knowledgable member will correct me. I went into a li'l deeper detail in hopes it would either verify or discount the info', or at least "how" I came to the conclusion..
I would welcome any evidence, information contrary.. other than "I can touch a 23 watt cfl, but can't a 400 watt hps".. that argument simply doesn't "hold water".. IMO...

I can touch a 23 watt cfl, but can't a 400 watt hps".. that argument simply doesn't "hold water

You sir are correct. And,, who said that anyway? That is not comparable,,I totaly agree.;) NOw,,I refer back to (for the last time). Me no care no more Hick. You win Bro. OK?

.. It ain't "win or lose" cowboy.. it's about getting and giving correct information..
I don't want to be passing out bad info'. ;)

Hick said:
.. It ain't "win or lose" cowboy.. it's about getting and giving correct information..
I don't want to be passing out bad info'. ;)

Well,,I agree. So we will just have to agree to dis-agree,,and go on with the very beautiful day it is outside,, here in Florida. Im gonna go smoke a bowl of my "Not as hot as HIDs,, Flora grown smoke,,and get high.:D Sorry Hick,,JUst messen with ya now.:ignore:

well . you coulda told me you was in Fla'... no wonder you can't tell hot from warm.. :rofl:..
messn back now ..;)

HID, florescent, everyone knows LED's are the best.......and they don't get hot!!!

See what I told ya,,get yer facts stright next time.:D God I love Florida,,and Floras. Thats why I use them,,its in the name Florxxx.:ignore: Now Im just stoned.. and rambling.

Question on venting into the sewers. The plumbing in my house has a vent going out the roof. Therefore wouldn't vented air just go up and out vs down and away?

My **** stinks but not like a skunk. Anyone here have skunk ****?

Somewhere in that drain pipe there is a y joint.

Vent into there. Or up and out, whatever works for you.

I have seen many people in the MW use this method...especially back in the OG.com days...

from what I've read and heard, infrared is only used after they have probable cause on you to obtain a search warrant and use it to validate what they have found out, normally from a snitch. Here's the deal, 90% of people busted growing in their home get busted b/c they can't shut their mouth and tell too many people. LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. Everyone you show your grow off to probably smokes, so if they get busted, it's real easy for them to say hey I know someone who grows if you let me off the hook. The other 8% get busted b/c of the smell and neighbors calling the police and 2% for doing dumb **** like stealing electricity. If you're worried about the heat signature of your grow room, you can get black/white poly and insulate your grow room or grow tent with it to help hide the heat signature. Another good idea is a heat shield cover for your reflector, these will significantly reduce the temperature of your reflector and reduce the temps in your grow room. Most 6" reflectors have 8 sq feet of surface area that usually reach over 90 degrees when on and that heat dissipates into your grow room, using one of these on your reflector could reduce your grow room temps by up to 10 degrees. They even have a cover for your ducting for further temperature reduction although I don't find this to be all that necessary, from the video I saw it only lowered the temps of the ducting by about 3 degrees.

Bottom line is, infrared cameras are the last thing you should be worried about. Worry about your landlord showing up out of nowhere, cops showing up from a noise complaint, paying your electric bill on time, keeping the odor down and keeping your mouth shut. It's hard to not show your grow off to your friends when they're in full bloom but everyone you know is strictly on a need to know basis, if they don't NEED to know, you don't tell them.

Funny Story: Sometimes you gotta straight up lie to your friends, my 2 friends who are brothers had a grow going in the one's walk in closet and our other friend who don't smoke walked in the room to get a lighter or something and happened to see the light coming out of the cracks of the door and asked why it was so bright in there; my buddy told him we decided we were going to try and make some bondage videos with some girls off Craigslist and sell it online and that was going to be our little bondage room and we needed good light to film. Our friend thought we were a lil off our rockers but the ******* believed it, couple weeks later he asked how the bondage vids were going.... LOL

Better hope yer Buddy dont get religion..He might send the POPO to bust your Bondage and get your Budage,,,OH and your Buttage.:D

Latest posts

Back