UCLA Recommended Natural Pesticides

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prospector

Card Holder
Reaction score
Additional research revealed two apparently harmless insecticides, from a UCLA source are: Rotenone, which is a terpene and can be used multiple times up to harvest for it does not have a significant carry-over. It is sprayed on to plants and trees.

The second, according to UCLA is: Pyrethrin which in the dust form, can be mixed with d. e. and will paralyze in 90 seconds or less. These may be ingredients in what I have already ordered. The Pyrethrin comes as an emulsion also.

Does anyone have additional knowledge to add about these insecticides?

i see on the Billy the Exterminator show the only thing he really uses is the pyrethrin. insects drop instantly with contact from what i see. dries them out i guess. completly natural from plants

PuffinNugs said:
i see on the Billy the Exterminator show the only thing he really uses is the pyrethrin. insects drop instantly with contact from what i see. dries them out i guess. completly natural from plants

Thank you for the feed back. I will try to find some to price compare it with, just in case. I already have a bag of d. e. to mix the powder form with, and try it out, if my other ordered products don't do the job.

I have tried Pyrethrin for spider mites, but it didn't do much. It might be better for some other pests.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have tried Pyrethrin for spider mites, but it didn't do much. It might be better for some other pests.

THG, I noticed that certain pests like bed bugs, mosquitos, ticks and a few other pests are mentioned on some sites and a couple others stated it was effective on a variety of pests.

I'll update my battle successes or failures, if the Safer brand "End All RTU" isn't enough to take care of them then I'll try the Pyrethrin.

I'm still using d. e. but it is slow to kill the gnats and needs to be replaced often, or so it seems.

Latest posts

Back