UK security issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjf2612

Tree man
Reaction score
I live in the uk in an area which has had a number of big police raids recently for growing MJ. Theyve invested in a heat sink camera for their chopper, a new type, its been all over the news recently. I have my cab in my bedroom at the moment but would love to move my grow to my loft for safety and theres more room. I use a 400 hps. I know about using mylar to line the roof but that stuff aint cheap and im on a real budget, got too many kids lol. How detectable will my loft be, obviously anyone who answers needs a knowledge of uk protocal.

Or dig a hole in your back yard and set up your grow room in that, underground. ooooooooo noone ever thought of that one...sorry.:bongin:

If you have kids and you're growing, money should be the least of your concerns when buying items for security. Spend the money upfront and protect you and your family, choose not to grow, or grow and risk being caught and your family broken apart.

There is a very reasonably priced prodcut called Poly Shield. It is a thick poly that is black and white with infused metals that are highly reflective and insulative to shield against infrared detectors.

Each roll is 6' x 100'. The price per roll is $180 + shipping. A very reasonable price to pay for piece of mind and security against big brother.

You will need enough to line your entire loft, or I suggest building a smaller section inside the loft and using the poly shield as the walls. A simple wood frame construction with poly shield wall panels stapled up would be great. You will also need to seal off all the cracks though and overlap ends to ensure everything is insulated.

The great thing is that you use the white side facing inwards so you don't even need to add reflective mylar for your lights. The walls will already be white. You could if you wanted though and I'm sure that would only add to the insulative effects of the poly shield.

Bottom line...You have a family to think of here. DON'T SKIMP OUT ON QUALITY SECURITY!! Save up your money until you can afford it and then buy it. It might take more time, but the peace of mind is absolutely worth it. Especially in today's world of blatant privacy intrusion.

George Orwell sure hit the mark with 1984.

Could build your cabinet space with something like this,
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9273763&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=Kingspan+Thermaboard+Roof+Insulation&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1179344070242&isSearch=true

Works out fractionally more expensive than chipboard, particularly when you consider thicker cuts, framework of 2 by 4's lined with the insulated boardings then lined with mylar and sealed, make sure the door/airflows seal well, heat leaks are your enemy.

Need to seal the whole loft space from the outside properly and make sure that the ambient temperature in the uninsulated parts doesnt get to high,
preferably insulate the whole lot with either the board or the cheaper roll type insulation, at the least in the joists above the construction to reduce radiant heat.

Its also safer if you can run your high wattage 12/12 cycle during the daytime however this summer might be to hot

its gotta be the hps that they can detect if at all , i know what they like with the news but i think its so stupid telling us , bit off subject but a little while ago they said in the paper where they were putting cctv in the town at haha its stupid , anyway i dont have answers but im using cfl/flo :)

Latest posts

Back