US House To Consider Decriminalization!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too sure I follow the logic of that. Commercial growers grow for profits, prices would increase more so than they are NOW. Your local headshop would charge you an arm and a leg per g or oz of it. Prices would skyrocket to make ends meet. You'd then have suppliers to pay, profit margins, and then taxes (if they were legit sales).

Without going into detail, look at how the price of gas has increased products like milk, and other farmed goods, everything's gone up in prices because of the economy. I think people would take advantage of farming mj as well.

I also think security measures for large commercial growers would be a large concern and transport would be a large concern as well. I think people would knock off trailers left and right to get their hands on large amounts of it to turn around and resell. Easy to steal and get away with as there is no way to identify it from any one particular crop. Not to mention the FDA would get involved and they regulate the po0p out of everything. They would say, and you KNOW they would... "This strain has too much THC to be sold...". :doh:

Remember overseas, it's legal to SELL it, IF you are the grower of it, and you can NOT do it just anywhere. You must be in approved areas to do so. I can only imagine how the US would try and regulate such things.

They can't regulate it. That's the problem. I'm not sure the prices would skyrocket though. If the prices were higher than the street prices, there would continue to buy it off the street instead of from the government or "cigarette shops ect". That would defeat the whole purpose of legalizing it. That's why I don't believe the prices would skyrocket. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I think they would, and because people say ... hey it's legal, lets target those teens and young adults and the demand would be so high, it's a matter of supply and demand. High demand, high prices, more profits...

I did find some interesting links though related to money made...

hxxp://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6293&wtm_format=print

hxxp://www.hartfordadvocate.com/article.cfm?aid=3384

I think some1 was right your all thinking way to negative?? When did marijuana become a medicinal herb for money?? I never seen people make over 10 million in marijuana?? Whens the last time your smoked some commericial bud over some home grown hand picked strain?? When was the last time you got a master in business administration?? If marijuana was legalized that doesnt mean marijuana is dicriminlized when the bill is signed??
Plz have more sense before making a topic you know nothing about??
Decriminalization would give the DEA more of a time fighting CRACK, COCAINE, LSD, METH, and other hard drugs hitting the streets there so many to name?? So please before you put on your business suit and become a politicianer how bout you find out what is really hurting the american economic system?? Im sure its people like you that need to change there way of thought like I did

jraddude said:
Think about the economics of scale. If it was legalized, that would mean real farmers with large amounts of land would be able to produce a lot of it and at cheaper prices than small-time grow operations. But in order to sell it, it would obviously have to be taxed by the govt. Even with taxes I think the price would be quite comparable to street prices and it would be more economical for everybody if it was legalized..think about why you buy vegetables and fruit at the market instead of growing it yourself.

I see what your trying to say but then it would just come down to a stand of between growers prices and store prices. The "people" could easily compete with taxed reatail prices if they had the recourses. Also,if bud was legal EVERYONE would be a farmer,lol.

Theres a difference between a gardener and a farmer cole ;)

Theres a difference between a gardener and a farmer cole ;)

I know that but If MJ was legal why wouldent everyone just buy a couple of acres of land and make there money back,lol

Some people don't like to farm. You know how much work would go into 2 acres of mj? And, if everyone grew it, why even buy it at all? Not everyone has the resources to grow, or the inclination. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe. Very interesting thread.

Oh forgot to add all the industrys that would benifit if it was legal. just keep that in mind

your guys arguments are all on the money but why even buy from big scale bussines if you could just simpily buy it tax free.

Canna Man said:
your guys arguments are all on the money but why even buy from big scale bussines if you could just simpily buy it tax free.

Prices on the street would drop to nothing. there would be no profit. Business could grow more and produce alot more than a street dealer could get a hold of, let alone grow. so dealing it would be crappy business. you would have to sell a ton of it.

LowRider said:
Prices on the street would drop to nothing. there would be no profit. Business could grow more and produce alot more than a street dealer could get a hold of, let alone grow. so dealing it would be crappy business. you would have to sell a ton of it.

:yeahthat:

Canna Man said:
Simple Gvt legalization would mean big business and there is no way they would let anything go tax free, even if you were growing you own there would still be (potentially) in place that you as a grower would have to A) have a licence to do so and that would be a tax B) you could be regulated to only grow X ammount and then that ammount would also be susceptiable to a tax. it wouldnt matter if you were growing tons for manufacture or jsut enough to have a stash if they were to legalize MJ the govt. will get a cut of it somehow.

Look, if you have the skill and know how to make your own WINE or alcohol, you can do it, HOWEVER, you're limited to how much you can brew. I'm not sure about alcohol, but I know it's far less than the 200 gallons of wine you can brew per year. If it's anything over that, you must apply for a license and the government gets their cut (federally, and where I am at, state does too). So in agreeance with dub (above) you would get taxed.

When did marijuana become a medicinal herb for money??

Not quite sure what you are asking, but ANYTHING medicinal is BIG money!!!!! Depending on what country you're in, the US does not regulate pricing on medicines by prescription drug companies. They do what they will, and they make a mint! Medicinal herb, now, in states that allow it, I am sure costs an arm and a leg as well, and if it doesn't do you think the little mom and pop shops would last very long when the big boys (pharma comapnies) come in to play? There is tons of money potential there.

I never seen people make over 10 million in marijuana??

Maybe there is a reason for that? It's a longitudinal thing, not short term. Not to mention, they'd probably be more sophisticated than the average guy to get away with things like that... you'd never know, but I can tell you who makes more than that on marijuana... the GOVERNMENT.

Whens the last time your smoked some commericial bud over some home grown hand picked strain??

Not sure what you're getting at here with that question? What's that got to do with anything?

When was the last time you got a master in business administration??

How do you know whether we do or don't have an MBA?

If marijuana was legalized that doesnt mean marijuana is dicriminlized when the bill is signed??

If MJ is legalized, it IS decriminalized. However, if it's decriminalized, does not mean it's legalized. KNOW the differences...

Decriminalization = is used to describe the removal of jail as a sentencing option in cases related to the use or possession of marijuana. This could involve changing the criminal charge of having a specific amount of marijuana (for example, 30 grams or less) into a civil offence, which could be dealt with by a ticket or fine.

Legalization could involve replacing existing laws about marijuana possession with regulations such as a “drug control board” similar to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) making it legal to sell and purchase regulated marijuana.
(hxxp://www.halton.ca/health/services/drugs/marijuana/marijuana_decriminalization.htm)

Plz have more sense before making a topic you know nothing about?? Decriminalization would give the DEA more of a time fighting CRACK, COCAINE, LSD, METH, and other hard drugs hitting the streets there so many to name?? So please before you put on your business suit and become a politicianer how bout you find out what is really hurting the american economic system??

I don't recall anyone saying that it would hurt the economic system at all... there will ALWAYS be money to be made either way, but they simply make more with it being status quo. There are Sin Taxes set in place for this very reason... Whether you believe it or not, those "Sin taxes" on alcohol, tobacco, strip clubs, etc. actually help pay for education, roads, etc. Especially where I am located. Here they even take seized moneys and properties and resell them for money to go back into the city's budget (supposedly), so drug money seized does end up back in the system. Unfortunately, a lot of that is from MJ I am sure, as that's what usually is the focus here in these parts.

I am all for decriminalization, but not yet convienced on an outright legalization.

The simple fact im getting at WHICH THIS FORUM WAS MADE FOR Was Quality over Quanity MD.apothecary

I understand the quality vs. quantity, I agree that quality should outweigh quantity, but I know a few members here who disagree and would opt for quantity any day. Again, there are always two sides to every issue at hand. There is never a right or wrong, but always two sides.

This is how the US operates unfortunately it's been this way for over 200 years. :(

What a great debate, and thanks to everyone for playing nicely.

As for decriminalization, I won't hold my breath, even tho all my body parts are crossed in hope.

lol,if you want it legalized,vote for Ralph nador (however you spell his name)
=) he couldnt be much worst than george bush,and at least we'd beable to smoke and grow without worrying about the feds knockin down our doors =)
(this is a joke..please dont waste your vote on him,he usually only gets like 2 or 3% of votes =)

Latest posts

Back