UVB Reptile lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrelhse

Reaction score
I read that UVB is good to stimulate resin production, so when I saw a 24" Reptile light in a fixture I grabbed it. ( It was on the swap table at the dump). I put it in my 12/12 and ran it w/ the 1000 for 2 days. A few wks later 3 plants looked terrible, like overwatering, and turned lime green as they withered away. I couldn't figure out what was wrong because all the rest were lush, dk green and looking good. I realized that the 3 goners were the plants closest to the UVB when it was in there- they got nuked.
Just passing along this experience. (The light was 12" from the damage)

I heard your suppose to turn 'em on when you turn your light off, during the dark cycle. not to sure but thanks for heads up

Barrelhse said:
I read that UVB is good to stimulate resin production, so when I saw a 24" Reptile light in a fixture I grabbed it. ( It was on the swap table at the dump). I put it in my 12/12 and ran it w/ the 1000 for 2 days. A few wks later 3 plants looked terrible, like overwatering, and turned lime green as they withered away. I couldn't figure out what was wrong because all the rest were lush, dk green and looking good. I realized that the 3 goners were the plants closest to the UVB when it was in there- they got nuked.
Just passing along this experience. (The light was 12" from the damage)

Howdy Barrelhse!!!:D

:farm: I put a UV B lamp in with SnowWhite about a month ago. the plant is visibly leaning toward it from the 2nd day. I run it 12/12 in conjunction with the 400w HPS. It is about 6-8 inches from the nearest colas. check out the SnowWhite grow journal to see it in action. She seems to like it and next grow may be more telling as I didnt start using UV lamp until the end of this flower cycle. I'll use it the whole grow next time.:hubba:

The plants that got damaged were young, just put in 12/12 at 4 wks veg. The older resin-producers weren't harmed. So, too much too soon I suppose.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcpt3Be28o
For those who hate to read:D.

Latest posts

Back