Vermont takes nation's top spot for marijuana use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
When it comes to marijuana use, Vermont has claimed top honors.

That's according to a survey released this week by the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.

The survey was conducted in 2006 and 2007. It compared drug usage by age and type nationwide.

Vermont posted the highest incident rate of marijuana among people ages 12 and older at 2.5%. The national average is 1.6%.

The popularity can be seen in the state's crime log as well.

The state's criminal information center reports marijuana-related crimes went from 1,535 in 2005 to 1,820 in 2007. Last year, the number fell to 1,805.

Vermont escaped the distinction of the highest level of illicit drug use. Rhode Island captured that claim.

hxxp://shuurl.com/X5118

Survey: hxxp://oas.samhsa.gov/2k7state/2k7state.pdf

I dont think these surcays are very good because of course the small states are gonna be up there. The size of the state and the number of people the ratio of drug users are gonna be alot different than somewere like cali. Vermont, that makes me laugh. One day I will say. Damn we should go get some drugs, Lets drive to vermont. Just sounds funny.

Yeah, these surveys the government comes up with make me wonder. (Most things about the government make me wonder, or worse). I don't recall ever having an opportunity to respond to a survey on Substance Abuse, and I danged sure wouldn't be honest if I did. If anyone, anywhere mentions the M-word, my immediate response is "Don't know nuttin' about it."

Just curious about how many members here have helped the government out with a survey on their use habits?

What are these "Marijuana related crimes" they speak of?

Care to elaborate?

Vermont? What the hell's in Vermont?

Exactly....;)

Nuthin' ta do but get high and eat pancakes.

Hey, what a minute, maybe Vermont don't sound so bad after all;)

Let's roll!!!

..funny stuff you guys!!...
I reckon the rest of the country just needs to take it up a notch!!!

nvthis said:
Vermont? What the hell's in Vermont?

Exactly....;)

Nuthin' ta do but get high and eat pancakes.

Hey, what a minute, maybe Vermont don't sound so bad after all;)

Let's roll!!!

You left out fishing and beer drinking.

nvthis said:
Hick, you in Vermont? That sounds a bit like a 'hometown defense' to me:rofl:

hA!... not even nv'..;)

I lived in Vermont for some time and I'll be damned if only 2.5% of the populace smokes weed.

More like 25%.

they dont know what we dont tell them -cali #1 smoker NATION

Latest posts

Back