Vertical Cage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Im looking for something like whats in the link below.. something that comes with everything..
im running two 600hps in cooltubes hung vertically in a 4.6x4.6x6.6..

replace x's with t's
hxxp://www.4hydro.com/hydroponics/cage.asp

this actually looks perfect..
says its 4' in diameter and 6' tall and 1200 watts is perfect.. says it comes with everything to get going except the obious light/ventillation and growing medium.. all for $1000+ truck shipping..

Actually saw one of these in a local shop... set-up, not running w anything. Seemed like it could work, but saw some issues w it... like cleaning, the poles weren't anchored very strongly (wiggled), & some other functional issues + plant numbers. Would imagine that could get it running & then wish had built it own my own, ya know?

Also, the 6's don't cast that deep... the 1k's would work much better.

Could try the E&G, or the like, & grow six 3-4' tall plants around a 1k. Less expensive, more adaptable & lower on the plant counts.

Just some thoughts. Peace brother.

Dude....Make sure those are stable. That looks like a cheap imitation of the "Coliseum". Remeber grow stores are sales rooms too....How much unnessisary additional crap do they readily sell you there anyway? Take your $1000 bucks and buy some 2x4s' and wood weather proofer and build a towering circular set-up and save 600 bucks. A home made PVC set up would be better than that.

i wish there was a low cost solution to vertical sogs.. i lack diy skills and the time needed to build it..

any other options? who makes similar products?

I doubt that you are not going to find a vertical system cheaper than that. If you have DIY skills, it is an easy setup to make.

I looked into vertical units years ago, but it is important to me to keep my plant count under 24 plants (above that is a mandatory jail sentence if busted).

I can't think of a prepackaged verti system that can be fully recommended.

Granted you stated no time and/or diy skills, but try looking up Heath Robinson for some verti-diy ideas. He can be quite inspirational... you'll be walking away with all sorts of enthusiasm! WOW is what I felt. Peace.

Latest posts

Back