Vineger to lower ph? nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BushyKush420

Reaction score
Hey guys so i heard from sumwhere i can use Vineger to lower the ph in my res tank. so i tried it and it makes the water very cloudy and it takes alot more than the actual ph down takes to lower. took almost 2 oz to make the water lower 2 points, and i checked it the day after and its already back up to 8.0, has nebody else tried vineger also and had the same affects

and the water stinks nasty as a$$

and when you guys have a seedling that is about 2inches tall do u guys feed it nutes..?

im using 3part flouro (general hydroponics)

Cuz in the green man video he shows and says to use half strength solution. Whats that mean? like according to the bottles mixtures and for that certain stage example ( seedlings is 1/4 tsp of each so should i use half of that ) which is 1/8 tsp of each??

u got er.... i find organic ph changers dont last as well.. but i also find i have to adjust ph everyday neways.. so it isn't a problem....

u looking at 1/8 strength nutes for very young seedlings/cuttings then bump the nutes up as you need to.

Hey kade

yea so the vineger doesnt last in yours also? cuz i thought that mine rose kinda fast which sux cuz i used quite a bit. and stinks

is there any other way to keep my ph down?

i might just have to get a gallon of ph down, its not that expensive i guess.

a gallon is a lil excessive.... a litre/quart would easily keep a person with a modest growroom for over a year.

big sale on vinegar??....:p

This week I purchased some PH Down at my local pet store.It seems to be working great>2 drops (to about a glass and a little more) to my tap water PH of around 7 brings it down to 6.5 maybe, somewhere there.I use strips to test.The water also seems stable at the set PH even after being uncovered for a day so im'a stick with that.

Hick said:
big sale on vinegar??....:p

LOL! Seems like it!

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
This week I purchased some PH Down at my local pet store.It seems to be working great>2 drops (to about a glass and a little more) to my tap water PH of around 7 brings it down to 6.5 maybe, somewhere there.I use strips to test.The water also seems stable at the set PH even after being uncovered for a day so im'a stick with that.

Cool Dude! I've been waiting for some one to try fishy PH Down. Lots of people have asked, but no one has had any success with it.

I've been using PH down for swimming pools and it's been working for me.

For beginners, however, I always recommend using proper PH Down for Hydro, just to make sure they get good results. It's got buffers and stuff to help.

Latest posts

Back