War Against Marijuana Consumers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triprey

Concerned Medical Patient
Reaction score
C&P from NORMAL.org

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]War Against Marijuana Consumers[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
legal.gif
Our country's war on drugs places great emphasis on arresting people for smoking marijuana. In the last decade, 6.5 million Americans have been arrested on marijuana charges, a greater number than the entire populations of Alaska, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont and Wyoming combined. In 2000, state and local law enforcement arrested 734,498 people for marijuana violations. This is an increase of 800 percent since 1980, and is the highest ever recorded by the FBI.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As has been the case throughout the 1990s, the overwhelming majority of those charged with marijuana violations in 2000-- 646,042 Americans (88 %) -- were for simple possession. The remaining 12% (88,456 Americans) were for "sale/manufacture", an FBI category which includes marijuana grown for personal use or purely medical purposes. These new FBI statistics indicate that one marijuana smoker is arrested every 45 seconds in America. Taken together, the total number of marijuana arrests for 2000 far exceeded the combined number of arrests for violent crimes, including murder, manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Like most Americans, people who smoke marijuana also pay taxes, love and support their families, and work hard to make a better life for their children. Suddenly they are arrested, jailed and treated like criminals solely because of their recreational drug of choice. State agencies frequently step in and declare children of marijuana smokers to be "in danger", and many children are placed into foster homes as a result. This causes enormous pain, suffering and financial hardship for millions of American families. It also engenders distrust and disrespect for the law and for the criminal justice system overall. Responsible marijuana smokers present no threat or danger to America or its children, and there is no reason to treat them as criminals, or to take their children away. As a society we need to find ways to discourage personal conduct of all kinds that is abusive or harmful to others. Responsible marijuana smokers are not the problem and it is time to stop arresting them. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The ultimate goal of NORML and The NORML Foundation is to end the criminal prohibition of marijuana. We do not believe otherwise law-abiding citizens who smoke marijuana should be arrested and treated like criminals. Adults should be permitted to smoke marijuana in private. Federal prohibition of marijuana should be abolished and the states should be encouraged to experiment with different models of decriminalization. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please read further so that you may know and exercise your rights.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

My favorite articles are the ones that show Marijuana as the largest agricultural cash crops in the US.

Larger than corn and wheat combined if i remember right! :eek:

That may change with the advent of ethanol though. Oh wait, you can make ethynol/bio-fuel from hemp?

Legalize it!

I started to reply to this but found my reply to be leaning on the political side and I do hate politics. :)

allgrownup said:
My favorite articles are the ones that show Marijuana as the largest agricultural cash crops in the US.

Larger than corn and wheat combined if i remember right! :eek:

That may change with the advent of ethanol though. Oh wait, you can make ethynol/bio-fuel from hemp?

Legalize it!

seems to me if they can take used fryer oil and turn it into bio-deisal...why could they not find a way with hemp seed oil? I am by no means a chemist....but doesn't sound too far fetched if ya ask me.

Weeddog is right, it's all politics and money. :argue:

WE NEED TO EDUCATE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!! :yay:

Mutt said:
seems to me if they can take used fryer oil and turn it into bio-deisal...why could they not find a way with hemp seed oil? I am by no means a chemist....but doesn't sound too far fetched if ya ask me.

From what I have found out, you can run a diesel on hemp seed oil just as any other kind of vegetable oil. Politics wants us to use fossile fuels till they are gone. Its all about the money$$$.

Lets take that bio fuel a step farther with this!

http://green.yahoo.com/index.php?q=node/1570

This is an incredible discovery that will most likely amount to nothing.

We are/were oil dependent. They will ensure that we WILL be ethanol dependent in the future. It was validated to me when i saw that our leaders PERSONALLY invested in HUGE amounts of real property in Brazil for ethynol producing crops.

See ya Venazuela................HELLOOOOOO Brazil.

Like they really want "Free Energy" (sheesh)

Oh...another thought relative to "free energy"

I heard a rumor that a young entrepreneur from the UK had developed a dance floor in a club that was able to harness the energy and convert it to a useable power source.

Since we have a few UK'rs round here, can anyone validate this?

Could that be used on the ocean floor???????????????????????????????

Latest posts

Back