watering seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonegroove

Reaction score
my 6 plants are only an inch tall they've just germinated and are in 4"x4"x3" rockwool, how often should i flood my tray?
i'm using canna aqua vega at 1/4 dilution, they are about 3.5 feet below 1 600w MH and the temp is about 80-85F (high i know but i've an air cooled reflector on its way), they're flooded to a depth of 2"

i water three times a day from the time it sprouts till the end of flower.
when they are very young i do it for 10 min at a time and as they get bigger i increase the watering times.

hope this helps it has always done it for me.

punkrocktoker said:
i water three times a day from the time it sprouts till the end of flower.
when they are very young i do it for 10 min at a time and as they get bigger i increase the watering times.

hope this helps it has always done it for me.

Huh? :confused: You should be watering every 2-4 days depending on what the plant is telling you via signs it needs or doesn't need H2O. You should water when the top of the soil is dry and when you can stick your finger down in the soil and it feels dry. Or just go and buy a Water Gague - just stick it down in the soil and you get a 1-10 reading on how wet it is. Mine cost $20 at the local nursery. But 3 times a day is Wayyyy too often.

Disco94 said:
Huh? :confused: You should be watering every 2-4 days depending on what the plant is telling you via signs it needs or doesn't need H2O. You should water when the top of the soil is dry and when you can stick your finger down in the soil and it feels dry. Or just go and buy a Water Gague - just stick it down in the soil and you get a 1-10 reading on how wet it is. Mine cost $20 at the local nursery. But 3 times a day is Wayyyy too often.

they're in rockwool on ebb and flow, i'm watering them every 12 hours, even though they don't need lots of water, flooding and draining will swap out the air trapped in the rockwool, i did kill some plants by overwatering when i used soil, oops

Latest posts

Back