WAY to many nutrients; Can you help a VIRGIN decide?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar Chavez

Reaction score
Afternoon'. I am seeking feedback and opinions on nutrients. I am a first time grower, and started from seeds in a soil mix of FFOF/LW. My plants are in a grow tent under a T5 light. Here are my 3 choices:
FF: Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Open Sesame.
DutchMaster: One Grow, Max Grow, and Silica.
AdvancedNutrients: Need help on base nutrients. More then 10 I could buy/use. I already have B-52.

I am looking to go purchase in the next couple of hours. My plants need a schedule soon. Thanks to anyone who may provide valuable information.

*Only looking for veg stage nutrients at this point. Would like to use AN, but a few say they are difficult to deal with.*

High dude many members many places so answers can take time.
Dont do soil i'm afraid and haven't used any of those you listed either so i guess i'm of no use lol.

I like Canna range by the way oh and try to keep it pretty simple at first if you can, i didn't use anything special the first time and got way more bud than i'd of dare imagine :aok:

Very true. The best things in life usually take time. Thanks Newbud.

Yes I used thier whole line when I first started, Bio grow, Bio Bloom, Top Max, Root Juice and Alg-A-Mic... Its hard to find where I live now...

i started wit the flora nova grow & bloom. imo so far its an easy beginner regimen as its only 2 part and has lil of everythin in it

Earthjuice - Earthjuice - Earthjuice - I promise

Thanks for the feeback jmansweed, but why would you recommend Earth Juice? Isn't that organic? Which of the product line is essential?

Thanks to all who replied. The information was very useful. I went ahead and decided on Dutch Master. A friend of mine gave me his unused portion, so that set my wheels in motion for me. Here is what I have for the veg stage:
GOLD A and B Grow
Max Grow
Silica
Zone
Penetrator
Liquid Light

B-52(Advanced Nutrients)

Any feedback about this line, or products, is good. Thanks again.

Cesar Chavez said:
Thanks to all who replied. The information was very useful. I went ahead and decided on Dutch Master. A friend of mine gave me his unused portion, so that set my wheels in motion for me. Here is what I have for the veg stage:
GOLD A and B Grow
Max Grow
Silica
Zone
Penetrator
Liquid Light

B-52(Advanced Nutrients)

Any feedback about this line, or products, is good. Thanks again.

Trust me the more stuff you plan to add the more chance to mess it up, go with Floranova its a one part nute just add water.

Dont get caught up in Nute manufactures hype, they think you need all kinds of stuff with all kinda fantastic claims.

Hi Cesar...

I'm so thrilled with the perfomance of bottled nutes that I'm going leave them all on the shelf next grow. I'm switching to a hot organic soil mix that will give my girls all they need but water. I'll give the soil the occasional carbohydrate supplement to keep the beneficial beasties happy and some silicates from time to time but I want to give a whole new approach an honest go of it. The simpler my feeding has gotten over the years, the better my results...

I had a grow partner who worked at a hydro store 6 years ago and they got in on the ground floor of Advanced Nutrients. He really bought into all the marketing and fortunately he got it at cost but that was the height of my experience with multi part nutrient regiments. It's crazy how much stuff they want you to use. I'm not saying it doesn't work but I've had success with many other brands as well and I just don't think it's worth the cost or hassle imho.

We switched to the AN Iguana organic lineup for the last few bloom cycles at that grow location 4 years ago and it was simpler and the results were excellent but not any better than the grows I had before AN with Earth Juice nutes so I had gone full circle. I stopped growing for almost 4 years due to travel for work and I have one bloom cycle under my belt since jumping back into our beloved hobby this spring. I wanted to use Earth Juice or even Iguana this time but the only remaining hydro store around here doesn't carry either of these lineups so I went with Pure Blend Pro and the Botanicare organic lineup. It's still a handful of items but it works very well and it usually balances out to close to 6.3 on it's own with my local water.

Over time I've added more organic amendments to my soil and decreased the nute strength of the organic nute feedings and my buds have only gotten better. It's always mystified me how a plant grown outdoors finds everything it needs in the soil with no added nutrients and yet we throw all kinds of nutes at it in the indoor garden. Recently I stumbled on a grower online who has had extremely dank consistent results with a more robust organic soil mix than I've been using. It takes a little work to mix it all up and then you let the soil cook in a container outdoors for 30 days which breaks down and activates the organic amendments as well as the dolomite lime. So next bloom cycle I won't have to bother with all those bottles and I'll just keep them on the shelf.

Here's hoping for the best Cesar... imho, start simple.

Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back