We Need These Kinda (canna)lobbyists Stateside...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
Why is it every country but the u.s. that has practical, open-minded lobby group in support of cannabis, yet America, home of the power lobbyist-influenced government regime has NOT?!? Makes me angry that we call ourselves the home of the brave, land of the free when we are not allowed to live free...Here's one from the UK. ******************************************************************************UK Cannabis Lobby: "Do you intend arresting us all, Home Secretary"? "We would like to draw a demarkation line in the sand which states, everyone who stands on our side of the line will be afforded protection by the laws of the land" - Bill Stone The Cannabis Lobby h**p://pr.cannazine.co.uk : Its been a busy time in the British press so far as cannabis news is concerned. Police continue to plough through the glut of cannabis farm busts the United Kingdom has experienced of late, with sunny Sussex proving the UK's "Cannabis Capitol" after news reports indicated 1 in 11 of all cannabis plants seized in the UK, was found in the historic south coast county. Invariably the story goes on to report how the "cannabis farm", which was fitted out with "hydroponic UV lamps" and special "heaters", was found to contain "saplings" of varying age, and was apparently being well-tended by an XX year old man of South Asian origin, and from that point onwards everyone switch's off.The fact is its not news anymore. And to such a degree readers no longer remember if it was indeed a vietnamese cannabis farmer who had been trafficked into the country to run a cannabis farm, Join us on The Cannabis Lobby and let us help you tell your story. Would you like to surf the Cannabis Lobby website, but feel concerned about who may be looking over your shoulder? CLICK THE LINK and use our new SECURE SERVER to access the Cannabis Lobby, safe in the knowledge you are just about as safe from prying eyes as is possible today on the web - Bill Stone -or whether the cannabis grower was a local resident, most likely holding down a job, paying taxes, and generally contributing to society as any other citizen would. But with one subtle difference. When he gets home from work he doesn't reach into the fridge for a can of strongbow or a bottle of bud. No, his first thought is going and tending to his covert 'bud' garden, and grabbing a beer from the fridge in his grow-room instead.-)The fact is there are tens of thousands of UK citizens who grow cannabis. They may grow it to relieve the symptoms of a medical condition, they may be using cannabis as a substitute "aid" for kicking a previous addiction like alcohol or opiates, or they may well just be growing it because they like it. The reasons are many.But what is certain, is the fact there really are "that many" people growing their own cannabis.Bill Stone over at the Cannabis Lobby would like to ask, "Do you intend arresting us all, Home Secretary" He continued, "The cannabis lobby was formed only four months ago, with the sole purpose of giving the British Cannabis community a voice. A communications tool in a war which is being fought upon a raft of lies and deceipt" The press, continue to wage a war of words, by broadcasting twisted mis-truths, publishing them as government-backed drugs education. A publicity campaign which is even today, orchestrated primarily from the White House. A campaign of dangerous misinformation it is too, which is the primary culprit for luring a heady percentage of our children into drug use, and at an earlier age than ever before, using prescription drugs, alcohol and tobacco as the gateways which are shrouded from the public glare with a pyrotechnic "publicity shield" which is built around cannabis. In the meantime, self-confessed cannabis using British politicians continue with their hypocritical efforts at passing cannabis reclassification off as a public health measure, whilst every credible expert to have commented on the impending law change, has done so in the negative"Playing by their rules, we have more cocaine on the streets, and cheaper, than ever before" continued Bill Stone"Since British Forces have been in Afghanistan, the bealeagured country has managed two record breaking annual harvests said to be collectively, worth in excess of 15,000 tons of raw opium. What this means in real terms, is heroin is now available on South Wales streets as a cheaper "high" than the governments "lethal" cannabis" Which is a truly frightening statistic." West Yorkshire Police announced recently that cannabis users "should help each other out" with regard to "sources" as it came to light a batch of cannabis had been contaminated with meth-amphetamine crystals. A measure no-doubt designed to introduce users to a "new kind" of high, with the disastrous consequences, including fatalaties that could bring"It was an official warning which puts the gateway theory firmly into perspective", Stone added.A Growing Band "Yet in the meantime there are literally tens of thousands of people in the United Kingdom staying out of the illicit drugs loop, by growing a small number of cannabis plants with a view to supplying themselves with a safe, (and ready) supply of a substance which is "statistically bomb-proof" -guaranteed from harming 99.99999% of its users, "And we have over 90 years of data to quote if anyone would like to question that statistic, as well as others such as, 'did you know peanuts harm more UK residents every year than cannabis does'"Shall we ban them"Why is it"; continued Stone, "In Ipswich, cannabis possession is an offence punishable by a prison sentence, and yet only 70 miles due east, in Amsterdam, its available on every street corner, with Holland constantly rating in the bottom half of "world" drug user league tables, and the UK (under prohibition) in the top half"The Cannabis Lobby would like to use the Dutch model as a viable vehicle on which to dismantle the illicit trade in low-quality, sometimes dangerous street "WEED";.Protection"We would like to draw a demarkation line in the sand which states, everyone who stands on our side of the line will be afforded protection by the laws of the land. Protection from over-exhuberent "tactical" police officers who think finding a £10 deal of cannabis in someones house, should warrant the stress of having your house broken in to in the middle of the night" By doing what we do, in public, via the Internet, we show to whoever would like to drop by that we do it with a clear conscience, with no stolen electricity. And without any damaged property, and no huge repair bills for the unfortunate landlord who gets caught out"We add nothing at all to the UK drugs problem, indeed we advise people how to distance themselves from it, and we pay our way in society." You can read about the Cannabis Lobby only in Soft Secrets Magazine And to that end", continued the Cannabis Lobby spokesman, "We deserve to be recognised, and protected by our government"To paraphrase Alexandra Runswick, deputy director of "Unlock Democracy";:"Ultimately the only way to face down extremism is to tackle it in the open. Sunlight is the best natural disinfectant" The UK Cannabis Lobby; h**p://forum.cannabislobby.org

i hear you loud and clear!!!!!!! thing is in america big government makes more money from MJ being illegal than if it wasnt....thats the way it is in amercia... its not about right-wrong-good-bad, its all about money period....

EXACT-O-MUNDO!!!! I emailed Barak Obama's change.gov regarding the legalization and TAXATION of cannabis and how our laws no longer reflect the interests of its' ciizens' as a whole. All I got back was a craptastic pregenerated auto-email from the "Transition Director" talking about how busy everyone is. What a ****heel. I hope this isn't what I should come to expect from our new "President-elect". THE UNITED STATES NEEDS A CANNABIS LOBBY GROUPS AS OUTSPOKEN AS EUROPE'S VAST COLLECTIVE OF CANNA-LOBBYISTS! Legalize and tax...you'd think the Dem's would love to tax one more liberty...

if you understand politics, then you would know that the us cannot just make it legal, it will be a long uphill battle, gradually making it more casual until the point of government regulation, i dont think we will be around to see that tho.

we are moving in the right direction, medical laws are becoming more common, eventually decriminalization will work its way into our way of living, but you cant expect it over night.

For the record, i am not engaging in a political debate, that was just my 02.

Reason the US has not made it illegal is because of the DEA as well as other law enforcement agencies, without marijuana they would have to cut jobs dramatically and since these guys are "on the side of the law" they have to be right about whatever they say, well at least they make it sound that way when they adress the general public and these associations generally back politicians who would never legalize anything.

I would feel much pity for all those people that would become unemployed by the major car manufacturers but abolutely ZILCH for those who profiteer off of other misfortune. The DEA are responsible for alot of malfeaseance on the United States behalf. The DEA and CIA have collaborated to keep cocaine manufacturers in South American IN BUSINESS and even airplaned cocoa for guns. There is no reason to even feel sorry for such a sordid group of n'er do wells. They are the direct result of the "smoke and mirrors" politco obfuscations of Trick **** Nixon and his regime. The DEA have and will continue to be complicit in crimes against humanity around the world as well as mostly in South America. I reccommend powderburns.org, its a 12 year DEA veteran that has been trying to alert the citizens of the United States to the war crimes committed by our quote un quote "big brother benefactors". 7greeneyes says: "Fight Fascism any way, Disband the DEA today!"

I hope this isn't what I should come to expect from our new "President-elect".

Little Brother,,people are loosing thier jobs,homes,cars, and lives. I dont think MJ laws will be at the top of his agenda,,WHEN,, he takes office.
Dont get me wrong,,I would love to see this happen Bro,,but lets get the Country fixed 1st.

no offense, BIG brother, but if marijuana was legalized...imagine the endless jobs and contractors and subcontractors as well as new burgeoning industries...I'm just sayin there's limitless opportunities for alot of cash flow to DWARF the current financial woes. Accountability has to be taken into effect and it just comes down to the fact the car manufacturers as well as the loan officers at the banks that went t**s-up are accountable for the current situation they're in. ThEY gave out loans to people with insufficient income, the manufacturers CHOSE to continue to produce economically unviable gas-guzzling cars/hummers/trucks/suv's...it all comes down to accountability. I really do hope Barak changes things for the better, I am waiting to give him a chance...Don't get me wrong, I just know it's alot easier to federally legalize then the general populace has come to think. We are quagmired in our inabilty to function w/o big bubba tellin us what, when, and how to live our lives, Even amongst the "enlightened". It's sad...

I think the best we can hope for is an immediate hold on DEA raids on med/mar facilities, I think that will be a step in the right direction. Allow states to set thier own rules concerning its use. I think if a state were to legalize and tax all grows, and thier coffers filled because of it, then the feds would realize the folly of thier ways. You cannot criminalize this many people. Unless you want your jails and prisons full of "no account pot-heads".

Peace...j.b.

Some issues that you may run into with state control for marijuana laws is that there are many states in the US that are a lot more conservative and religious than not and those types of people do not like the thought of it being legal....

also these types of people that would not like to see it legal are politically powerful AZ for example

7greeneyes said:
THE UNITED STATES NEEDS A CANNABIS LOBBY GROUPS AS OUTSPOKEN AS EUROPE'S VAST COLLECTIVE OF CANNA-LOBBYISTS!

So what are you going to do about it? Complain until someone else starts one? Actions speak louder than words and that's a cliche for a reason...

MMMM. You know congress is still run by Democrats and will be that way for the next 2 years again. they haven't done a thing for the last 2 yrs and not expecting it this term neither. Unless we pull together and get to the forefront its not going to happen. So donating needs to happen to folks like MPP, Norml maybe some state/local pro-marijuana places. it helps. we need more people going to congress and now that congress has even more Democrats than the past two yrs we stand a better chance but we need push. With the War and the Economic crises it may be a while but we will see. Its not like it would take that much time to push this through. Barney Franks Bill and Ron Paul's Would be a start if they could get them to pass.

THCPezDispenser said:
So what are you going to do about it? Complain until someone else starts one? Actions speak louder than words and that's a cliche for a reason...
WELL OTHER then throwing money and bud to the medicinally needy I also participate in "Write Your Congressman"...what do you do? Probably nothing I'm suspecting...by your negative nancy attitude...so what do you do THCpezdispenser, other then putting it on someone else?

Latest posts

Back