What a week I'm having!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SativaWeed

Home Grown Gnome
Reaction score
Well! It's Father's Day! The end to a heck-of-a week! I say the "end" because the pay-period where I work runs Monday thru Sunday. Started off with needing to have my jeep wrangler looked at as it was running very rough and not at all right. Worst case scenario....new motor. BANG!! Rocker arm broke and punched a hole thru the etc, etc, etc. $3,300.00. Sheeesh. Wifes car BEEN running rough for a couple weeks also, "let's taker in too". $1011.30 later she runs fine. SSHHHHEEEESH! *RRRIIINNNGG!!* Daughter called from the bank on Thursday, "Dad?" 'yes?' "Ther's a belt hanging under my car, and I don't know what it is." 'grumblegrumblegrumble...can you drive it home?' "Yes, it starts, I'll be right home." *click!* Gets home, I pop the hood, serpintine belt broke. It's gone. It still starts so we take it in, they replaced the serpintine belt and the frozen pulley that broke it. They are also looking into the none-working defrost problem as of Saturday.
It's still there, with my Jeep. As of right now the serpentine belt and pulley cost $331.40, and we haven't heard how much the defrost cable repair is yet as they have to remove the dash to get at it. SSHHEEEESSHH!! About a $5,000.00 week...sheesh.
Thanks for letting me rant.:eek:

SativaWeed said:
Well! It's Father's Day! The end to a heck-of-a week! I say the "end" because the pay-period where I work runs Monday thru Sunday. Started off with needing to have my jeep wrangler looked at as it was running very rough and not at all right. Worst case scenario....new motor. BANG!! Rocker arm broke and punched a hole thru the etc, etc, etc. $3,300.00. Sheeesh. Wifes car BEEN running rough for a couple weeks also, "let's taker in too". $1011.30 later she runs fine. SSHHHHEEEESH! *RRRIIINNNGG!!* Daughter called from the bank on Thursday, "Dad?" 'yes?' "Ther's a belt hanging under my car, and I don't know what it is." 'grumblegrumblegrumble...can you drive it home?' "Yes, it starts, I'll be right home." *click!* Gets home, I pop the hood, serpintine belt broke. It's gone. It still starts so we take it in, they replaced the serpintine belt and the frozen pulley that broke it. They are also looking into the none-working defrost problem as of Saturday.
It's still there, with my Jeep. As of right now the serpentine belt and pulley cost $331.40, and we haven't heard how much the defrost cable repair is yet as they have to remove the dash to get at it. SSHHEEEESSHH!! About a $5,000.00 week...sheesh.
Thanks for letting me rant.:eek:

That's sucky to say the least. Never ceases to happen though...bad weeks do exist that's for sure.

Hey look at the brightside, at least you are saving a bit on gas:D

Happy Father's Day BTW

Sebstarr said:
Look on the bright side, as snuggles said!

At least think of the money you have saved growing!

Money spent - 5000..
Money saved - ???
Feeling of having that family that costs so much - Priceless.

Cheesy. But true.
LOL Thanks for that one!! I love it!:D

Keep your head up man.;)

Life's a long road...

Sometimes its short, and bumpy as hell...

Sometimes its up hill full throttle, and going no where...

Sometimes its short and fast...

Sometimes its down hill with a tail wind in neutral...

I like that last one the best...

ITS FREE.;)

***MINUS*** Said car repairs.:eek:

It will work out man. Happy late Fathers Day.

Hey thanks everyone for the support and encouragement! I keep telling myself "I'll get another 10 years out of the jeep now and everyones cars will not need repairs for a couple years with care". The hit to the bank account hurts bad for us right now (large hospital bills from two heart attacks in the last two years) but we've given up moping about money. SHUCKS, WE DON'T HAVE ANY TO WORRY ABOUT NOW!!! :rofl: Thanks again everyone.:)

happy fathers day!

why was a serp. belt 331 dollars? i got a new one for 15 bux and the idiler' pully for 10. swapped it myself in 10 minutes with a screwdriver for the pully and a socket and a ratchet.

and a new motor that was running? id never replace an engine unless it was siezed....

i think you got took.

but i really hope not..... hope you have a better week this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trillions of atoms said:
happy fathers day!

why was a serp. belt 331 dollars? i got a new one for 15 bux and the idiler' pully for 10. swapped it myself in 10 minutes with a screwdriver for the pully and a socket and a ratchet.

and a new motor that was running? id never replace an engine unless it was siezed....

i think you got took.

but i really hope not..... hope you have a better week this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I simplified things for the sake of not having to type out a novel, there were more things wrong than just what I posted, but thanks for reply.:)

Latest posts

Back