What LED would be best for growing in a 48"x48" grow tent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need more. 4/20 is a good time to search the various sites. Look at the mars hydro tsl 2000. A 4x4 will need 2 for flower. On sale, a little north of 200 each.

My first tent I used 3 100 watt panels in a 4x2. One was enough to start seedlings. A second was bought as veg time came, and a 3rd one for flower.

https://www.mars-hydro.com/tsl-2000-led-grow-light

I have also used SP-3000 in a 2x4, and two of them in a 4x4. Currently the 4x4 is using Mars Hydro fc-e 6500. SP 3000s are in 2x4 tents.

Bubba

It's working great. It barely fit. Gmo was able to get the 8500. It's about a half inch larger in one direction than mine. He got it in, but it is close

I had to alter the circulation in a way I did not like. Had to remove the large 8 inch filter to the outside, or would have lost a lot of height
I just got a 6 inch set up that looks like there is just enough to squeeze in the room left when light is all the way up. Right now with filter outside the tent, hot air is released into the room.

This new setup will allow out side the room cooler air to be brought in, and hot air exhausted to the outdoors.

Bubba

how do you like the Mars Hydro fc-e 6500 in the 4x4 ???
Having used it a while, it's a great light. When on sale, really good price. Use discount code for another small discount.

One thing I liked better about using two of the Sp3000 in same 4x4, I got more height. Since they are long skinny lights, they can be off to the side of the filter/fan combo.

The fce series lights are a big square light, so it can not be beside the fan/filter. The 8 inch fan /filter I was using was so big I removed it to outside the tent, but then hot exhaust emptied into room, heating it up more.

A six inch fan filter is much smaller and I could then get the new light up as high as was practicable, some space required for heat purposes. Compromises, always.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back