What the hell is wrong with my plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyroma

Reaction score
2nd time growing: plants are 8 weeks into vegetation. Been fertilizing with 20-20-20 twice a week. My 400w HPS is 2 feet away from plants.

All the sudden my plants leaves are starting to curl everywhere upwards, stems arent holding the weight and starting to lean/bend over. Stems seem to be weakend and the leaves are curling upwards everywhere on each plant. What the hell should I do?:confused:

Pics VVVVVVV

View attachment Image027.jpg

View attachment Image030.jpg

View attachment Image028.jpg

no ph meter, temp usually 75-85 degrees, i've kept it under 24 hour lighting.

It might be due to my stupidity-- the fertilizer says 1tbsp. gal (once every week) and two days before the plants started quilting up I watered it with 3tbsp. in 1 gallon (all 3 plants). Maybe I over fertilized it.

Anyways the plants are in a bedroom but I dont ventilate it that well, due to neighbors. I usually blow fresh air into the room for 10 min.--2x a day. (I cant run to much electricity because i'm a broke college student) I also have no fan blowing in the room for circulation. But I don't think heat/CO is the problem because the plants have been growing very good up until a few days ago. Unfortunetely it continues to get worse...

It might be due to my stupidity-- the fertilizer says 1tbsp. gal (once every week) and two days before the plants started quilting up I watered it with 3tbsp. in 1 gallon (all 3 plants). Maybe I over fertilized it.
"BINGO"..
"I" would flush about 15 gallon of "fresh PH adjusted" water through each pot, ASAP.
A fan circulating air, would improve those weak stems tremendously.

Opencountry said:
How long before you plan on flowering them? If they were mine, I would do a little LST.are they showing pre flowering?

Yes they are preflowering, btw i'm a noob, what the hell is a little LST.

I,myself, have never needed to adjust ph in my water to flush. It normally stays around 6.5 so I just run about 3x the container size throught the media with no adverse affects.

LST. Low Stress Training. Like tieing back braches but not braking them to make room for light penetration..

alright I flushed each in my bathtub with about 15 gallons of water. Should I start to go 12 on/off or stay with 24hour lighting for a while?

i'm going to kill myself if these die, i've dropped way to much on my electricity bill the last 3 months.....

"LST"..low stress training. A search here should result in dozens of posts.
I'd give them a few days to recover before inducing flower. Read up on the LST, while ou wait..;)

tonyroma said:
It might be due to my stupidity-- the fertilizer says 1tbsp. gal (once every week)
That might be a typo, but you might want to re-read the directions.. My Peter's says 1 TEASPOON (tspn) per gallon of water for houseplants, 1 TABLESPOON (tbsp) for outdoor plants.
Just so you don't KEEP over-ferting...:)

if you don't own a pH meter, then that's a large part of your problem..... get one.. cause there is no excuse for a jacked up pH....also the PH is the culprit 9/10 times for new growers.. expecially if you are using chemicals.

Latest posts

Back