While Hunting Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin Afatty

Reaction score
The OldLady thought I needed some exercise and invited Her Brothers kid to take me hunting UP on His side of the mountain, in a particularly hard to reach area, but I knew the area from years of competing with bears for the blueberry patches, and it always held lots of birds ;)

We had a great hunt, and after 3 hours had decided to take a break on a hilly outcrop overlooking a narrow valley. I had binoculars and off in the distance I could see 3 darkly clad figures moving across the valley in unison, another couple figures moving erratically ahead of them and I could just make out the sound of a canine unit in pursuit :eek:

I watched for a while until they all got over the hill and We moved on to the truck, making our way home via the scenic route :watchplant: Sure enuf, there on the side of the road were 20-25 deputies/military, 10-15 vehicles, a big black helocopter belonging to the national guard, and a huge pile of plants being photographed and bundled for transport :(

I enquired of the deputies what was UP and they said they found a field of plants, 50-60, and waited until the owners came to harvest, busting 4 on scene and 2 more in a chase across the valley:eek:

BTW, they denied the national guard had anything to do with it, just a coincidence that chopper was there :cool:

I asked for some samples but they considered it evidence, go figger :rofl:

:farm: for all you outdoor growers, be careful out there :aok:

My buddies little brother and sister are sitting in federal prison because they got caught working for some Mexicans up by La Porte a few years ago.They got caught with a few 1000 plants if I remember right.They were in the field when a black helicopter flew right over them.

Puff, that is crazy. What are the chances you'd be out and about on someone's unlucky harvest day. Specially near your home.

what a waste of money and time!:eek:

not the hunt, that sounded great, but the bust!

anyone you knew?

DownSouth34 said:
Puff, that is crazy. What are the chances you'd be out and about on someone's unlucky harvest day. Specially near your home.

Yes, you would think I would have seen it, whilst I was UP and about ;)

as a raven flies, it is only 13 miles from my place and I flew over it at least 150 times this summer :rolleyes:

I never walked the spot, but I was within 1/2 mile while hunting grouse this time :eek:

Yes, I'm going back there later today, just want to see what it all looked like, but to be safe, since there may still be LEO around, My son is going to tag along ;)

Guns, well maybe a shotgun for a grouse or 2, as it is a pretty long walk back, even with the atv and 2 tracks it's 2-3 miles walk in there. We'll hunt our way in and out from the 2 tracks. I dont anticipate any trouble, just want to see the grow area up close ;)

BTW, Son is deputy in same county, He usually is packin a handgun ;)

Well, we found the area, the plants, more than 75 by my count, were scattered over a 200x200 ft area in among a small grow of blueberry bushes on a south facing slope, and definately on state land :farm:

btw, lots of scraps around if you wanted to go to the trouble and significant risk of interdiction, eh :rofl:

Are there still "Eyes on" the particular plot?

How did they set it up? Just plants in dirt? Pots? Irrigation? Food?

Did YOU get any samples? Did it look good? Where do baby's come from?

Are we there yet? Can I come too?

Were you nervous? What did you tell your son? What did he think?

What did you think?

Hello?

The Effen Gee said:
Are there still "Eyes on" the particular plot?

How did they set it up? Just plants in dirt? Pots? Irrigation? Food?

Did YOU get any samples? Did it look good? Where do baby's come from?

Are we there yet? Can I come too?

Were you nervous? What did you tell your son? What did he think?

What did you think?

Hello?

Howdy TEG :ciao:

It was set UP as a loose grid pattern, they dug holes put ferts and female plants in and tended em on site ;)

They were camping there all summer, it looks like, no fires, just tents and cold food, water was not a problem, as they were 100ft uphill from a nice stream, apparently they used hand pumps and hoses to water plants. When we were there the bags of ferts were still in a pile with the hoses and assorted tools. they didnt even bother to dig a latrine, there was TP, trash and WASTE everywhere, behind every bush and tree it seemded. BTW, you could EASILY smell this camp from 500yds away downwind :(

:eek: Also found a dead bear cub nearby, beaten to death it appeared :(

Yes, LEO still have cameras UP

I did find plenty of samples, I took a baggie and was able to hide a couple from my Son in my jacket pocket, I would guess it is a sativa/indica mix, maybe a skunk mix as the samples are varied phenos looks very mature, some frost damage :bong:

I wasnt nervous at all, Son knew all about it, [not me takin samples] His department was involved. He didnt see me take the samples, but commented that we both stunk of eau de skunke on the ride home in the truck :rofl:

I am plenty pissed about this, the dead cub made it much much worse, as I volunteered to beat all of them [that done it] to death with a ball bat, alas again I was not given the opportunity :rolleyes:

I could never go hunting, dont have it in me. I used to not be able to stand the idea of it but my uncle was the director of fish and wildlife service and always tried to get me to come with him. Eventually he explained why he hunts.
now I respect it, but still dont have it in me.
Ive been a few times with him, but I only shoot with my camera. thats mad chillin you blaze down while you hunt. good luck

Latest posts

Back