Whiteflys, Azamax, and Neem Knowledge please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHighCrimes

Organic Mechanic
Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen :D

I have been looking for a cure toward solving a Whitefly infestation.
I've noticed that a few growers here have mentioned that they use Azamax rather than Neem oil especially during flower !
My plants are 5 weeks into flowering in the Greenhouse (organic) .
I have a product called eco-neem and it is a plant-based organic insecticide made from kernel of the neem tree and other oil seeds.
eco-neem is very different to most other plant based insecticides because of the way it works on insects.
The key active ingredients in eco neem is Known as (Azadirachtin A & B) are the most effective natural insecticides commercially available! Unlike other crude neem-based products eco-neem is processed using patented technology that concentrates and preserves the active properties of neem without the inclusion of potentially harmful impurities, solvents or other unknown ingredients.

Another web site states AzaMax is a concentrated Neem Oil as it is the extracted Azadirachtin molecule from the Neem Seed Kernel. Therefore this is a highly concentrated and pure product.And it sounds similar to my product eco neem.

Yet another web site has stated Azamax doesn't contain neem oil and isn't formulated using hazardous solvents . Yet they say it also contains Azadirachtin . So i am a little confused regarding the product analysis .
Can someone in The USA confirm if your azamax contains Azadirachtin because it seems that my eco-neem contains azadirachtin as the main molecule/surfactant. Or a link so i can check it out.
I need to aviod bad tasting buds ...but eco neem might be azamax under a new label down here..
Thank you MP for the time and assistance !

The box I have has IT in it..Iput 10CC in 40 gal. res. and my mites seem to be gone!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

I can't swear to it but I think it is as you said, the eco neem is Azamax under a different brand name. Azamax isn't Neem oil but it has the same core active ingredients which are extracted from the Neem. The key difference in neem oil and Azamax is the neem oil is used externally on the plant as a deterrent to bugs, while the Azamax is processed so that it can be disolved in water and used as a soil drench.

The advantage to that is the Azamax affects the bugs in the soil and at the same time, is absorbed into the plant where it can be eaten by bugs that chew on the plants. This serves 2 purposes; one is that it makes the plants not taste good to the bugs, and 2, it has an effect on the breeding(stops them from breeding) of the bugs.

The good thing(and I can attest to this), the Azamax biodegrades within 10 days of application so is undetectable in the plant. I use it early on in flowering or in veg as needed, but I don't use it within 21 days of harvest so that it can completely biodegrade. Whenever I get a population growth of fungus gnats, I will use it once and they dissappear. For a bad infestation you would need to apply it and wait for about 7days and apply it again. If that doesn't wipe them out entirely then you may have to do 3 applications so that you get stragglers and eggs.

If you are in a green house then you may be stuck with constantly battleing the bugs as they are coming in from outside. My Bro has that problem with Fungus gnats constantly getting into his grow house. I have some trouble with the gnats myself but I let spiders have the run of the building and they do a real good job of keeping the bugs in check. :)

:D Hello Guys,

Thanks for the hasty response ;)

Mikeydean i will look into the "IT" that is specified on your box i'm sure our friend "google" can provide some input so i can get an idea of where to go from here . Thanks again friend :D

Hushpuppy Thank-you Sir !
Your information is always extremely useful and very much appreciated .
IMO you deserve an award because your detailed replies have helped many growers i am sure :D

In return i may offer you a solution/idea for your bro and fungus gnats around the greenhouse. Down here we have a product known as Mosquito coils they are circular shaped and burn slowly for 8 hrs .
Try "google" Mortien Mosquito coils for an image of them !
For me i paint liquid incence oil on them and let them dry out.. ideally i use Jasmine oil and lavender oil as this also covers the smell of our beloved plant aroma's it also repels mosquito's and fungus gnats as they are closely related and it doe's seem to work well thus far . I have seen gnats flying around my yard but i have'nt seen any within 30 foot of the GH i like to have 1 burning continueosly for the 2 reasons stated and it saves me having to run my carbon scrubber at additional running costs to prevent smell as well !

That said ...I am Thinking about running a test on 1 bud site next sat/sun to see if there is any side effects on taste i don't have an infestation as yet i noticed 30-40 whiteflys 4 days ago and have hit them twice with this eco neem and it did wipe them out 4 days ago but yesterday they were back again... my guess would be that the eggs have hatched and i am now dealing with the offspring !

This eco-neem also states that it can be used as a drench in the soil like azamax but i avoided using it as a drench due to fears of ruining the plants natural taste at harvest so i have only foliar fed so far !
And with exception to the information you have supplied it does seem very likely that the 2 products may well be the same thing!

Ok so i guess my next step will be to trim a bud next week for a final test yet in the mean time i will also hang some yellow paper strips covered with petroleom jelly (vaseline) to attract a few flyers as well !
I hear that if these whiteflys get out of hand it can get pretty serious !
I don't want to pull out the bazooka on these B@st@rds because the neighbours might call leo !

Thanks heaps Hush take care bro ! ;)

Sorry man ..You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hushpuppy again.

Thanks for the kind words Brother :) I am happy to help anyone who asks, I just always hope my advice is correct as I would hate to mislead anyone. :)

Thanks for the fungus gnat advice. I will definitely look those up and have my Bro give that a try :)

Latest posts

Back