Who as great eye sight? Please See if you can tell stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

degenerative_disc

Good Morning Folks;

I took some pics last night of my main girl who is on day 45 of flower. I dont have a microscope yet as funds are tight. Anyone with good eyes or eyes that have seen alot of plants can tell me any info on my tric's and sorry but this is as close as I can get with my camera without going blurry.

Look forward to any ideas!

Cheers!!!

Oh and I am looking for more of a body high with my meds something that will realy relaxe me so I can sleep without tossing and turning!!!

It is virtually impossible to tell if your plants are ready without some kind of magnification of the trichs. You can get a Radio Shack microscope for about $12.

MicroSCOPE? or magnifying glass? I thought people were using magnifing glass but MICROSCOPE makes alot more sense! The type that sits on your desk and you use one eye and zoom up and down right? If so I am on it thanks!

What magnification do I need?

Cheers

The Hemp Goddess said:
You can get a Radio Shack microscope for about $12.

Ok, your like the 3rd person on thia site recently that swears these work ? (*&^%$#@

I bought one last week and could not get any type of clear view??? so i returned it.
Radio shack $12.09 and it holds 2 aaa's right?

Am i this inept?

How does it work and does it really work or is there a better one to buy?
I must have used it wrong or it was broken.....any tips?

degenerative_disc said:
MicroSCOPE? or magnifying glass?
What magnification do I need?Cheers

At LEAST 30X but i'm told 60-100 is ideal.

So we are talking microscope not magnifying glass?

Cheers!!!

Hi,

Hello dd... YES! That's what I PM'd you about a week ago... a hand held microscope!

Mr K... Just like a microscope you need to press the bud right up against the hand held microscope and then adjust the focus wheel to pull it into focus. Think of the front face of the microscope as the 'slide' that you view things on under a standard microscope. You should be able to dial in the focus and see your trichs clear and sharp as can be....

20x-30x is all you really want because it gives you more of an overview of many trichs to gauge a percentage of clear to cloudy to amber... Radio Shack sells one like Mr has with a focus wheel and a 'range' wheel that you can look from I think 30x to maybe 100x depending on where the range wheel is in. So first you set the range wheel and then focus in on the bud.

The first pic is a 30x scope I prefer to use... it's a little bigger than the Radio Shack model in pic #2 but it works well too. Just harder for me to use with one hand when I'm holding the bud in the other...

Happy Trich Viewing!

Ok Thanks Dirty!!

I just found one on website for like 10 bucks!! I thought everone was using a magnifying glass you now the type you could set fires with ( i never did that)

Thanks

Cheers!!!

degenerative_disc said:
Ok Thanks Dirty!!

I just found one on website for like 10 bucks!! I thought everone was using a magnifying glass you now the type you could set fires with ( i never did that)

Thanks

Cheers!!!

Helllz yeah!

I'm happy for your dd... no more wondering and you'll stop asking us every week to perform the impossible...:p Cuz you just can see the darn trichs without one of those unless you're Clark Kent...

Peace!:cool:

Thanks Mate!!

Cheers!!!

Hey hows my plant looking by the way?

degenerative_disc said:
Thanks Mate!!

Cheers!!!

Hey hows my plant looking by the way?

Sorry... I was distracted about all this microscope biz... They really look awesome pal... You should have some nice meds ready for consumption before long. Have you thought about your next ride yet? Do you have any clones or access to any?

Peace!:cool:

I have 2 other girls I hope, that have been in veg now for about 3 months they are healthy and about 2 feet tall. They will go in next and if anything fails I have about 300 seeds in my container waiting their turn;)

Love bagseed wouldnt have it any other way! Meds for life and not costing me a penny anymore!

Cheers!!!

degenerative_disc said:
I have 2 other girls I hope, that have been in veg now for about 3 months they are healthy and about 2 feet tall. They will go in next and if anything fails I have about 300 seeds in my container waiting their turn;)

Love bagseed wouldnt have it any other way! Meds for life and not costing me a penny anymore!

Cheers!!!

I bet you'd change your tune after growing some super duper knock you out and wake you up in one hit meds ;)

I use a 30x jewelers loupe...works great...got it off ebay for 10 bucks american...

Plants are lookin great by the way...

mrkingford said:
Ok, your like the 3rd person on thia site recently that swears these work ? (*&^%$#@

I bought one last week and could not get any type of clear view??? so i returned it.
Radio shack $12.09 and it holds 2 aaa's right?

Am i this inept?

How does it work and does it really work or is there a better one to buy?
I must have used it wrong or it was broken.....any tips?

It took me a full week of practice to get to the point where I cld get a good look at the trichs...but it does work...

I clip a small bud leaf off, set it on a a white piece of paper on a solid surface, and look at the trichs.

Remember, everything has a learning curve. I bet its been a long time since science class for most of us. It takes some getting use to using the microscope on 100 or 200 magnification. 300 is a bit too close. Clip off a nice tight sugary leaf and put it on a clear slide. Tip: move the slide and not the leaf material until you see an edge of the leaf coming into view. Focus and you will see the trichs best on the edges. Have the light or mirror set to shine bright from underneath when viewed BEFORE you put the stuff on. I love mine, its like a trip into the center of a galaxy or something !! Trichome construction, color and quanity are all very evident when viewed at 100 to 200 power.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I clip a small bud leaf off, set it on a a white piece of paper on a solid surface, and look at the trichs.
so they trichs on the outer leaves are pretty close to the trich on the rest of the bud? granted you take leaf from up top, bud from up top, not counting lower buds that arent ripe yet..

Actually I take samples from bottom ,mid, and top. Some plants will mature from the bottom up, so if you wait for the king cola to show say 20% amber, the mids might be at 50% and the lowers 75%. Gotta check all over.

YJ

Latest posts

Back