why why why, pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loolagigi

UP UP AND AWAY!
Reaction score
:confused: these plants were beautiful 2 days ago. all i did was clean bucket, add 200 ppm, and ph. is it my flora nova nutes? should i flush? i dont get it. i found this floating residue on the edge of my buckets at water level. its not bubbles, the air stone is out. im ganna clean bucket with h202 and just add plain water with no flora nova.....what else can i do?

gdp 006.jpg

gdp 005.jpg

gdp 004.jpg

gdp.jpg

the same thing happened 2 weeks ago. as soon as i added more nutes, then i added some h202, and im sure as the nutes had been uptaken , it was mostley water. they grew great until i added this damn flora nova. whats weird is i have used it before just fine. i dont know anymore. it dosnt look like nute burn....and my ph is dialed in. sick of cleaning res grrrr

Looks like a Mag deficiency to me by the way the leaves look. :confused2: on the stuff in the water

i have epsom salt, should i addd some? maybe its my water?
and if it is a mag def, why do conditions get better as the week goes on?

just added about 2 tsp of epsom salt. i am afraid to add nutes right now.....as we speak i am waiting for ph to stabilize. maybe i need to let my water sit out for a day or 2 before introducing the roots?

where's the water coming from??
could be microbes in there already?? maybe?

This was copied and pasted from OG' problem solver Hope it might help

This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.

If the starting water is above 200 ppm, that is pretty hard water, that will lock out mg with all of the calcium in the water. Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.

Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don't overdo Mg or you'll lock up other nutrients.

ozzydiodude said:
This was copied and pasted from OG' problem solver Hope it might help

This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.

If the starting water is above 200 ppm, that is pretty hard water, that will lock out mg with all of the calcium in the water. Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.

yeah man my ppm is 280 from the bat. i added some disolved epsom.
i have never been a fan of spraying my plants to feed them.....

i hope the epsom helps. ill let you know. thanks again everyone.

:confused2: When there is a mag def doesn't the plant Pray for Mag Where the tip curls towards the sky and prays

the leaves look to be as a taco would...curling in on themself...
yes ..... no.......??
kinda like a nasty ph spike up or down??
LH

did you flush completely or did you flush just enough to break the crappy salts loose and leave a little behind ?

Whoa!!!
there's five plants in the one res????
i think the other four could be starving the poor thing.

I had four in the same res before and one of them were bigger than the other 3 combined, two seemed half ok and the fourth was a runt of runts with strange leaves and whispy worthless buds..

EDIT/ADD: and they all started out the same size as well as they were all clones from the same mom

flush completly? i dont know you could do it not completely. and ish...im just ganna find the females and clone them as a practice run in new closet.

ah... well I'd recommend one plant per container for the future.
pain in the arse they get to be when they're big..

Well 5 plants using different nutes in different proportion will get ya a screwed up grow(nute deficient) . That is why I like 1 plant one bucket each plant eats what it wants and does not have to worry about what is leftover.

loolagigi said:
the same thing happened 2 weeks ago. as soon as i added more nutes, then i added some h202, and im sure as the nutes had been uptaken , it was mostley water. they grew great until i added this damn flora nova. whats weird is i have used it before just fine. i dont know anymore. it dosnt look like nute burn....and my ph is dialed in. sick of cleaning res grrrr[/quote Are you shaking the bottle before adding to your res ?

yeah i get it, one pot per plant. its all i had at the time. I AM ONLY USING THESE TO CLONE FROM. they will not be forced to flower. just waiting for some pre flowers, and off with thier heads....cloned to death. i am doing a bagseed run to make sure i am prepared for the killer genetics that i ordered.
so far my batting average sucks. i can see how 5 plants need diff things...but then again i have seen dwc totes with several plants in them....as i think about it, they were probably clones...anyway.

ishnish said:
Whoa!!!
there's five plants in the one res????
i think the other four could be starving the poor thing.

I had four in the same res before and one of them were bigger than the other 3 combined, two seemed half ok and the fourth was a runt of runts with strange leaves and whispy worthless buds..

EDIT/ADD: and they all started out the same size as well as they were all clones from the same mom

could you define: "half ok"?....and runt of runts?:confused2:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IMO epsoms should only be used as a quick fix...if you continue to have problems you should get some cal-mag, or trace minerals....at least give it a sip of molasses.

good question... half ok = half not ok... :D
I suppose i meant to say, that two of them did well but could have done much better if they had their own space..
and the runt of runts is exactly that.. wish i had a pic to show... cleaned all the MJ related stuff out my comp last december..

I was just giving you a hard time man...no worries, just funning on your choice of words

Latest posts

Back