why why why, pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
420benny said:
Is half okay like being slightly pregnant? lol

:rofl: that's so funny cause my girlfriend IS slightly pregnant!!!
:rofl:

it could be severe deficiency, in hydro when you flush plants they would show deficiency pretty quickly, 200ppm is way too low, it's not always burns, i'm in hydro and IME i have dealt much more with deficiency than with burns. in veg under fluros i go with 600 ppm when the plants are big enough. it could also be root problems so H2O2 might help, just take care to give the right ratio of H2O2 too much would burn them and too little would lose its effect. hope this helps ;)

zem said:
it could be severe deficiency, in hydro when you flush plants they would show deficiency pretty quickly, 200ppm is way too low, it's not always burns, i'm in hydro and IME i have dealt much more with deficiency than with burns. in veg under fluros i go with 600 ppm when the plants are big enough. it could also be root problems so H2O2 might help, just take care to give the right ratio of H2O2 too much would burn them and too little would lose its effect. hope this helps ;)
what amount per gallon do you use?

0.1% of H2O2 30% solution or 1% H2O2 3% actually most of the times i go with 1/2-2/3 of that ;)

loolagigi said:
flush completly? i dont know you could do it not completely. and ish...im just ganna find the females and clone them as a practice run in new closet.
yeah, you can flush incompletely...depending on your medium..if you break salts loose but do not flush it all out it will do that to your plants..

This looks like a chemical deficiency problem. I would suggest gently removing the entire plant from the soil and gently spraying it with a mixture of purified water + a ½ tea spoon of Epson salt. Remove all of the old soil from the roots with a clean water sprayer. This “flush” will immediately remove all toxic chemicals. Thereafter, throw away all of old soil and start over with some new soil that has the right amount of PH level. The new soil should be very fine. Then mud-up the soil for a day so that the plant will regenerate its nutrients. During this process turn off the lights for 12 hours so that the plant can rest and soak up in the mud. After a day of seating in the muddy soil, remove all the excess water and repot it in some new soil with a little bit of sweet lime. Return it to the regular light cycle.

blondeboy said:
This looks like a chemical deficiency problem. I would suggest gently removing the entire plant from the soil and gently spraying it with a mixture of purified water + a ½ tea spoon of Epson salt. Remove all of the old soil from the roots with a clean water sprayer. This “flush” will immediately remove all toxic chemicals. Thereafter, throw away all of old soil and start over with some new soil that has the right amount of PH level. The new soil should be very fine. Then mud-up the soil for a day so that the plant will regenerate its nutrients. During this process turn off the lights for 12 hours so that the plant can rest and soak up in the mud. After a day of seating in the muddy soil, remove all the excess water and repot it in some new soil with a little bit of sweet lime. Return it to the regular light cycle.

:confused: :confused: :huh: :confused2: :confused2: :huh: :confused: :confused:

loolagigi said:
:confused: these plants were beautiful 2 days ago. all i did was clean bucket, add 200 ppm, and ph. is it my flora nova nutes? should i flush? i dont get it. i found this floating residue on the edge of my buckets at water level. its not bubbles, the air stone is out. im ganna clean bucket with h202 and just add plain water with no flora nova.....what else can i do?

I've had build up in my water similar to the stuff in your pics. It was too much Calcium. Excessive Calcium in the water, when mixed with nutes can lead to build up. Specifically Sulfur and Calcium combine into Gypsom. A white chunky substance. This usually sinks though.?

Your pics look like early Mg def. This is easily a cause of high Calcium also. I may have missed the details on you water supply, do you RO? If not, the above scenario could easily be a cause.

Epson salts will work but it takes repeated applications. Also, pH, temp and higher EC all have effects on uptake.....happy smoking:D

yeah man... i let water stand out and bubble for 24 hours....24 hours later they seem a lot better. on the next res change i will let water dit out again...but if it gets bad again..i will try some distilled water i baught. trying to steer around the distilled water...id rather just use my tap if i can get away with it. ill post pics tomm. btw i dont have a r/o. money is an issue.

I think jmans saying that maybe your tap has too much ca in it....leaving it sit out longer will not get rid of calcium...I'd go with the distilled or RO, to see if that fixes you. Thats the problem with tap water...you start out with ppm's that you don't know what it is or the levels it's in there.

I trust jman!

you must have a quality tds ppm ph meter- quality water- quality nutrients and quality genetics to get a quality product. check your meter- if its off calibrate it. drop back on the nutes like your doing and dont go overboard on the Mg. get some distilled water and run that through your system. if youve been feeding with flora nova all along just back off the amount you feed with. if you just added it for the first time- go back to what you were doing before and go from there... if you do good for a while and something happens and youve got your bases covered- start looking at what you might have done differently the last go around and see if you can eliminate that one thing... just take a look at one thing at a time and see if theres something new or different.

it might be something very simple!

loolagigi said:
i have epsom salt, should i addd some? maybe its my water?
and if it is a mag def, why do conditions get better as the week goes on?

As plants grow larger they need more Ca. In your scenario the little ladies can't absorb the amount in your water. This leads to an over abundance generally which limits uptake of Mg and probably a few other nutes as well. We typically notice Mg first.

Fortunately it seems your plants grow through this issue and eventually have the capacity to handle the Ca levels - then Mg becomes more available and growth continues normally.

Maybe try a solid water source for the first few feedings - at least a predictable one. As things progress try switching back to the tap.

Hope you work it out - they look solid any way....:aok:

fix your ph. Hint, Nova ph will typically rise (well out of the P range) quite a bit over a short amount of time, especially if you use tap water that is more alkaline than the nutrients.

Ive noticed that flora m&b keep the ph almost at the perfect 5.8, I like the natural rise with the nova tho, just too messy

its my water, i have been using distilled for a week and things have gotten better. never noticed the ph rise with the nova grow.

loolagigi said:
its my water, i have been using distilled for a week and things have gotten better. never noticed the ph rise with the nova grow.

loolagigi, i think it's also a combination of the nutes and water. i have used the flora nova series for my first few rounds of clones. always had problems, thought it was me.

on my latest batch of clones i'm using the 3 part GH stuff and it's working a lot better. you can buy the hardwater micro which i believe has less chlorine, magnesium and calcium. these nutrients are already present in your 200+ ppm water.

that's my suggestion / opinion. good luck.

Latest posts

Back