Will I have temperature problems with a 600w?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothbrush?

Reaction score
I've been planning this SOG grow for quite a while now and want the biggest, tightest buds possible. I'm wondering if I'll have temp problems or if a 400w would be more suitable. The 400w would give ~59wpsf and the 600w would give ~88wpsf. At what point are the benefits of more wpsf diminished by cost and use by the plant? I've read that the difference in heat will be significant between a 400w and 600w but does using a cool tube and 424cfm inline negate this?
I will be using a 2.5'W x 2.5'L x 5'T Homebox grow tent (~6.9 square feet)
600W digital HPS ballast/light WITH COOL TUBE from HTGsupply, which will be vented out the top to another room
Attached to the cool tube will be a 6" inline fan rated 424 cfm (also from HTG)
Two of these: http://coolerguys.com/840556021698.html . One intake for the bottom hole and one exhaust for the other hole at the top of the tent.
The room outside the grow tent will be 70-75*
I'll have between 25-36 plants in 5" hempy buckets (clones straight to flowering at 3") and I don't expect the plants to reach over 16"

Thanks for any help!

You should be able to keep the 6oowatt H.P.S cool enough with the air cooled housing's. I run 4 total 600watt H.P.S and since they are air cooled i dont have any problem with heat. Just remember to have enough fresh air coming into your grow room at all times, and to have a seperate fan just for extracting stale air away from your garden. Keep us posted and if you can post some pics. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

400 would work great, more than enough for 6.25 sq/ft
Also 600 watt bulbs are odd balls, I know all the hydro shops carry them but there the only ones that do, its way more expensive than getting 400 watters at the electrical supply houses.

Would the yield gained by using a 600w instead of a 400w be significant with such a small area? ~59wpsf vs ~88 wpsf... hmmm... I don't think penetration would even be an issue, since they'll be flowered immediately after cloning.

And does anyone know how much more effective an enclosed cool tube system is compared to a system with ducting only on one side of the cool tube?

Thaaanks

Latest posts

Back