woody harrelson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
10 Sept 2009 -[/B] Actor Woody Harrelson can't understand why the media makes such a fuss about his love of marijuana because "we're all drug addicts."
The star has become the Hollywood poster boy for all things hemp and high, and he even lit up a joint for a recent playboy magazine interview at his home in Hawaii.
Harrelson just can't understand why marijuana hasn't been legalized and why everyone thinks he's high all the time.
He tells the publication, "I've seen it printed that I'm a marijuana activist, and I understand that, but it's really just something I enjoy.
"Folks may have a drink, ... People may want to pop a pill before going to a party -= that's not for me. Cocaine freaks me out.
"I like the mellow vibe of herb, its uninhibiting effect. For me, it's a better drug than any of the others, and since we're all drug addicts, I don't think it's a bad choice.
"Whether your drug is sugar, coffee, sex, exercise or religion - everybody has something.
"I was two years on (attention deficit disorder drug) Ritalin; my brother was eight years on it. If you didn't have a drug addict before, you had one after. You have someone who's forever chasing the dream.
source: SFGate/Playboy

Mr. Harrelson sits on the NORML advisory board with Willy Nelson, Bill Maher, Daniel Stern, Rick Steves, and Robert Altman, among other prominent activists opposed to marijuana prohibition. He has consistently lent his celebrity status to the cause of reforming marijuana laws.

NORML - the national organization for the reform of marijuanna laws

viper said:
...we're all drug addicts..."Whether your drug is sugar, coffee, sex, exercise or religion - everybody has something.

Ain't that the truth?

Marijuana was mistakenly put into the dangerous drug category and it's been profitable to some since then to leave it there. PROFIT, not logic has dictated thier actions.

THAT'S the fight. Through what is happening in California and other states in the USA on partial legalization, the *other* side of the money tree is now being seen by the Establishment.

StoneyBud said:
Ain't that the truth?

Marijuana was mistakenly put into the dangerous drug category and it's been profitable to some since then to leave it there. PROFIT, not logic has dictated thier actions.

(a mistake by those who voted its fate )

Many people assume that marijuana was made illegal through some kind of process involving scientific, medical, and government hearings; that it was to protect the citizens from what was determined to be a dangerous drug.
The actual story shows a much different picture. Those who voted on the legal fate of this plant never had the facts, but were dependent on information supplied by those who had a specific agenda to deceive lawmakers. You'll see below that the very first federal vote to prohibit marijuana was based entirely on a documented lie on the floor of the Senate.
You'll also see that the history of marijuana's criminalization is filled with:

· Racism
· Fear
· Protection of Corporate Profits
· Yellow Journalism
· Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
· Personal Career Advancement and Greed

i have the source of this info if anyone wants it .
it includes , the documented lie , background , the mexican connection , jazz and assassins , yellow journalism , ect ...

http://greyfalcon.us/Why is Marijuana Illegal.htm

I love Woody...been watching him since Cheers..

viper said:
StoneyBud said:
Ain't that the truth?

i have the source of this info if anyone wants it .
it includes , the documented lie , background , the mexican connection , jazz and assassins , yellow journalism , ect ...

Viper, can you please give us that? :D

StoneyBud said:
Ain't that the truth?

THAT'S the fight. Through what is happening in California and other states in the USA on partial legalization, the *other* side of the money tree is now being seen by the Establishment.

:yeahthat: way to good Woody! :D

Piperson said:
viper said:
Viper, can you please give us that? :D

I've seen the same thing at this joint, hxxp://www.ukcia.org/
not sure where in there it is, but they got lots of cool info..

here is the source

://greyfalcon.us/Why%20is%20Marijuana%20Illegal.htm

Latest posts

Back