World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Effen Gee

Movin' on up!
Reaction score
World War Z

by Max Brooks
[Author of the Zombie Survival Guide]

I liked zombie movies and the whole living dead apocalyptic scenerio. Actually, I am fascinated with conceptualizing how we eventually will kill ourselves off and how that will go down. Horrifying and facinating to think about.

Now I LOVE the idea of the relentless, wave after wave of living dead.
I love how we, our military would crumble. You have to take it back to almost seige style warefare to be effective. Explosives would be useless. Fire would be useless. Guns run out of ammo, jam....miss.

The concept of barricading yourself, making a stand fromyour castle, comfortable as it seems....is not a good idea.

This guy took it to a whole other level.

The reserch involved with the book itself must have been staggering. He covers what would happen, how it would happen and I believe, nailed our truest forms of basic human survival under the most dire and hopless circumstances.

..imagine, zombies walking out of the surf, onto beaches, globally.
Mega swarms, a million or ten in size.

They can alert others with the "moan" up to a klick away, and so on.
..before you know it theres thousands surrounding your house.
Fully automatic weapons, useless.
Conventional weapons, useless.
Swords, maces and axes, never need to be reloaded.

Watch for draggers. (legless or otherwise crippled zombies that are like living landmines.)

Dogs cannot become zombies but will die if they bite one.
...if you know somebody has been bitten, isolate and dispatch immediately.

...go north.

Amazingly well done. At 324 pages one can polish it off in one serious day of joints and reading.

Its winter. Read a book. They are frozen for now, untill the spring thaw.

Latest posts

Back