Xenon Lights, candelabra bases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audix2359

Reaction score
So I have 2 questions for everyone.

The first is about Xenon lights. I found some here:

http://www.buylighting.com/60-Watt-KX2000-Xenon-Lamp-Clear-E26-Base-p/kx60cle26.htm

I started thinking Xenon because my car has them and they're very bright and I think very cool. Then I found this little blurb from Wiki:

Continuous, short-arc, high pressure xenon arc lamps have a color temperature closely approximating noon sunlight and are used in solar simulators. That is, the chromaticity of these lamps closely approximates a heated black-body radiator that has a temperature close to that observed from the Sun...

Has anyone ever tried or considered these? I'm wondering if it would be an alternative to CFL's given what looks to be a good color temperature.

My other question is regarding candelabra bases. Are these bases cooler than the normal E26 bases? Bulb for bulb, I'm wondering if one runs cooler than another?

audix2359 said:
So I have 2 questions for everyone.

The first is about Xenon lights. I found some here:

http://www.buylighting.com/60-Watt-KX2000-Xenon-Lamp-Clear-E26-Base-p/kx60cle26.htm

I started thinking Xenon because my car has them and they're very bright and I think very cool. Then I found this little blurb from Wiki:

Continuous, short-arc, high pressure xenon arc lamps have a color temperature closely approximating noon sunlight and are used in solar simulators. That is, the chromaticity of these lamps closely approximates a heated black-body radiator that has a temperature close to that observed from the Sun...

Has anyone ever tried or considered these? I'm wondering if it would be an alternative to CFL's given what looks to be a good color temperature.

My other question is regarding candelabra bases. Are these bases cooler than the normal E26 bases? Bulb for bulb, I'm wondering if one runs cooler than another?

Yuck the lumens on that bulb are horrible man, 960, no where near the hours a cfl can last, and probably produces more heat :(

Latest posts

Back