Yellowing leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
I've got 9 plants in a ScrOG under a air cooled, glass covered 600 w HPS. There growing great but I noticed the plants in the middle are yellowing while the ones on the outer rim are a nice green. There all getting the same water & nutes so whats the problem? Is the light too close? There doesnt seem to be to much heat. any thoughts?

dsc04122 (2).jpg

You gotta tell them how closer your light is before they can tell you if it's to close. And what nutes you use at what strength. And are all 9 plants from the same mom or different strains?

The more info you give the better help you will get these people are very knowledgeable and like to help

Thanks thor,
There all Carmelicious strain and all cloned from my last group of plants. The light was about 6 inches off the canopy but i just raised it a couple inches. as i said heat does not seem to be a factor so i was keeping it close. i'm using heavy 16 at the recomended strength for week 2 of flower.

looks a little shadowed but looks like mag deficiency to me. Can't quite tell the color of the tips? Doesn't look like heat to me. I keep my 600w 6" above as well and have no problems.

I agree with wrecked. Looks like mag deficiency. The other looks like too much nitrogen, but then again could just be the poor lighting in the pic.

Thanks for the comments about mag deficiency. So what exactly can i do for that. also does it make any sense that that the branches around the outside edge are staying green. Theres a distinct transition line all along the outside edge.

I am more inclined to think that is a nitrogen deficiency. You say you are 2wks into flower, that is often when you sill see nitrogen deficiencies if you cut off the nitrogen ferts too soon. I don't know much about the heavy 16 so I could be wrong about the nitrogen levels in your soil. Check your plants closely to make sure that the yellowing is occuring across several plants and not just one plant that is leaning into the middle. I had that same problem once and thought it was too strong of light, then I discovered that it was just one plant that was root bound and not getting enough water/solution. The way the plants had grown caused the one plant to end up in the middle and it completely fooled me.

If that isn't the case then there is another possibility. I am purely speculating here but Given that the yellowing is occuring in the middle part which I assume is directly beneath the light, if the nitrogen levels are too low at this point, the stronger light in the center of the space would cause that part of the plants to work harder,faster because of the level of photosynthesis occuring, and that could cause the plants to yellow. Again that is only speculation. I would check the individual plants at the soil and root level first.

I don't ever run my flowering lights any closer than 1' so that I get good lighting to the outer edges. From all that I have read, Up to 1' there is little loss of lumens to the square cube effect. I hope this helps you :)

chazmaine420 said:
Thanks for the comments about mag deficiency. So what exactly can i do for that. also does it make any sense that that the branches around the outside edge are staying green. Theres a distinct transition line all along the outside edge.

Are your plants crammed together a bit?

Latest posts

Back