Bugs bugging, should I continue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Wife cooks eggs and gives me the eggshells and i let them dry and crush them up or blend them into a coarse powder. Then you spread them around your plants.
The Demetrius earth will work better for Pest control.

My Wife cooks eggs and gives me the eggshells and i let them dry and crush them up or blend them into a coarse powder. Then you spread them around your plants.
The Demetrius earth will work better for Pest control.
that might me a good idea yo try. I'm tempted to try the diatomaceous earth, but I'm doing some research and finding nany ways of applying it. should it just be mixed on the soil? sprinkled around the leaves?

Your plant looks hungry. Are you giving it any nutrients?

Hey there everyone, I'd like to make my 7th growing week update around this infestations. I've been spraying the soap based insecticide on my plant once a week, and aside from that I've been mixing some diatomaceous earth on my soil (I've put a fair amount so far) and sprinkling around the leaves (on both sides). Because of the diatomaceous earth mixing I've reduced my plants watering (always with NPK) for once a week so I'm able to keep the soil as dry as possible. I've added the diatomaceous earth last friday and just watered it today (after doing the 2nd topping). So far it doesn't seem to need more water than that, the leaves are firm and green and she keeps growing every day. No more webings around which is good, but last weekend a few shiny irregular white/brown spots appeared on the leaves so I figured that I might had some thrips crawling around (I actually found one and removed it), wich they seemed to have disappeared after sprinkling the D.earth.

I'm not really concerned as the plant as a hole seems to be growing healthy with green leaves. BUT... those freaking white crawlers just don't seem to want to go away, and that is the only thing that keeps freaking me out. As soon as I watered today, the top layer of D.earth got washed away and there they were, happy as ever, disappearing into the depths of the pot. I'm honestly inclined to ignore them and just keep combining the soap based insecticide with the D.earth until I get into the flowering phase and see what will happen, because I'm not really sure what else to do about them. They don't climb the plant and she seems to be well developing its roots on the new pot so... a penny for your thoughts.

I must confess that I'm having a lot of fun learning about all of this, I never truly expected that growing would demand this level of care, but it's nice.

Good vibes to everyone :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-08-25 at 22.28.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-25 at 22.28.31.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 0
and what about those tiny white jumpers on my soil, should I also spray it with spinosad? I don't even know if they are harmful since they've been there from the beginning, but getting rid of them would ease my
I was afraid that having an infestation this early would compromise the whole process. I'll definitely try those methods.
Is spinosad a brand or a component? Because I only seem to find some similar products.

I was afraid that having an infestation this early would compromise the whole process. I'll definitely try those methods.
Is spinosad a brand or a component? Because I only seem to find some similar products.
I like using the tea tree oil and peppermint route with peroxide and alcohol. Fry them little bastards!

too late for now... But wouldn't it be ok for New soil to go into a pan or something and in the oven for 30 mins. at say 300 degrees?
that should kill them suckers

too late for now... But wouldn't it be ok for New soil to go into a pan or something and in the oven for 30 mins. at say 300 degrees?
that should kill them suckers
That will likely kill any beneficial microbes in the soil as well. If it is organic soil that you are using, it will be dead organic soil. You could add back in beneficial microbes though with teas or additives.

that might me a good idea yo try. I'm tempted to try the diatomaceous earth, but I'm doing some research and finding nany ways of applying it. should it just be mixed on the soil? sprinkled around the leaves?
Don't breath it....

Latest posts

Back