Forest of Green

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
Well as summer is cranking up and I plan to spend it all across the U.S., I thought I would experiment with a different way of growing that would allow for more days away from my girls. I took some leftover pegboard and fitted a little soilbox in my cabinet.

I figured just a giant bed of soil would be the best way to spread out waterings without oversaturing soil with water. The soil I am using is reconditioned potting soil I made up. I reconditioned the soil with compost at a 3:1 mixtures, as well as with helpings of dried manure, bone meal, and some lime, and let it cook outside for about a month or so. I started the grow with a layer of Jamacain Bat guano on the bottom of the cabinet as you can see in pic one. I then put down the soil and in the process added a bit more lime and bone meal. It's a P and K heavy mix that I intended for flowering, so I tranplanted my clones into the cabinet and put them on 12/12 right away. It feels more like a little forest in here with just one soil bed instead of some grow, kinda cool. The pic of the little forest is right after a watering and the transplant, so they look a little droopy, but are lovin life now (and no worries, I've got that light dropped down on em)!

Well, I've got my fingers crossed on this one, no flushin if I mess up! Comments/suggestions are always welcome!

Oh, I almost forgot, the strains! I've got a good number of Mango in there, as well as a few Afghans, AK-47s, and White Rhinos. Most all of the plants have been topped, so I'm a bit scared to see how crowded its gonna get in there, this was kinda all on a whim and not too planned!

DSC_1736.JPG

DSC_1737.JPG

DSC_1739.JPG

:holysheep: i myself have not seen any bed type grows indorrs on here yet. unless im not lookin hard enough. lol but ya got my attention. looks pretty slick..
be careful, like ya said ya cant flush if anythin goes wrong...

good luk

Well, I'm heading out to a music festival this weekend, and my little forest will be put to its first extended absence test. I've been doing staggered watering between staggared rows in the forest, which means I can get a heavy amount of water in there without risking drowning my girls (in theory), seems ok so far.

The girls are looking great, seems this soil mix is just right for em. I raised the light up just the other day, as the girls are well into the stretch now, hoping they don't get much taller, and I really hope they don't grow into the light while I'm gone! Haven't started adding nutes yet, though I have given the plants a little earthworm castings tea a couple of times.

I took a couple pics, one with lights on, one about 10 minutes after I watered and turned lights off (so they look all droopy, but ya can see the green :D )

DSC_1761.jpg

DSC_1762.jpg

should be a good one to :watchplant: pulling up my comfy armchair

goodluck hope it all works out :48:

Well both the plants and myself made it through the long weekend, life id good. I was at the Summercamp music festival over the holiday weekend and had a great time, Les Claypool and Willie Nelson were highlight I would say :cool:

I got back and my girls were still well hydrated, as well as a few inches taller, so I couldn't have been more pleased! I watered them Monday and today I gave them a light helping of nutes. Up untill now it's all been water, and I will coninue with mostly water for a while longer, but start mixing in a little nutes here and there. Everything looks green and vibrant, lets hope they stay that way!

DSC_1767.JPG

DSC_1763.JPG

Looking fine there, blanco. I have a feeling you are going to run out of head room soon. Hope not. They look like they are still rocking.

blancolighter said:
Well both the plants and myself made it through the long weekend, life id good. I was at the Summercamp music festival over the holiday weekend and had a great time, Les Claypool and Willie Nelson were highlight I would say :cool:

I got back and my girls were still well hydrated, as well as a few inches taller, so I couldn't have been more pleased! I watered them Monday and today I gave them a light helping of nutes. Up untill now it's all been water, and I will coninue with mostly water for a while longer, but start mixing in a little nutes here and there. Everything looks green and vibrant, lets hope they stay that way!

Wow, what a cool lil forest! I wonder if you're not gonna run out of side room though... I'm watching this one. Nice clean setup too, BL. Luck!

Cheers,

k, well... this is my limited experience with doing a soil bed (2 runs) (4' x 8'), ~4"deep sunshine mix #4

at start - 5gal/wk

end of veg - 20gal/4 days

during flower, averaged 10gal/4days

just ta give ya an idea....:cool:

Lookin good so far blanco, Can't wait to see the finished result

Latest posts

Back