walik27 grow question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walik27

Reaction score
Hi you doing guys I have 3 plants growing in one pot and so far they Seem like their growing good but I Was think should I separate them into their own pots

I moved you question out of the other thread for you.

Yes, you should transplant those to single containers. It is going to be hard to do... Take them out of the pot, try very gently to pull one of the baby plants away from the other roots. See if it works. Hold your hand on the roots and try to pull them apart... I am a seasoned (old) gardener and it is a trick to do. Next time start them separately.

Oh ok cool thanks would it be good too to transplant them to a bigger pot with more space with them still being together or no

If you can seperate them without damage do it.. If you find they are too entangled keep um together, but it isn't the best idea to have multiple plants in one pot.. They need their own space, roots and tops.

Oh ok cool thanks would it be good too to transplant them to a bigger pot with more space with them still being together or no

You don't really want them in the same pot regardless of the size of the pot.
The only way I would and have run multiple plants in one pot is if they were clones from the same Mother plant. Then I could see running them together almost like 3 main colas in a pot.

Tell us more about the plants. Are they from seed or are they clone? Do you know the strain?

From seed

Bag Seed? Or do you know the strain? Bag Seed has a higher tendency to show Hermaphrodite tendencies down the line in flower. Most don't like to grow it out.
That being said, it could also be a good smoke. You just have to watch it like a hawk during flower for nanners. Even then some are in the bud and are almost impossible to find.

The strain is nyc diesel

I am guessing you didn't buy beans but got some beans out of some bud?
Either way...you don't really want to try and take 3 plants in One pot through 4-6 weeks of veg and then 8-10+ weeks of Flower. I don't know if at this point you could get them separated without causing serious shock to them which would stunt their growth for sure. You might need to ride it out and hope for all females. You will need to do some serious training on them if you are to have any chance. Unless you have enough space and lumens to dedicate to a possible Monster. jmo

What exactly could happen by them being together.

At worst they could want/need different levels of feeding and you can not accommodate that in the same pot. At the very least you could have a really big monster on your hands come time to flip. And they only get bigger after the flip. jmo ♫♫♫

At there age i wouldnt worry to much about cutting / ripping some roots by accident they will recover

I also think that at this stage in their lives that you should be able to separate them without doing too much harm. What are you using for soil? It looks a bit heavy.

Are these seeds from a bag of NY Diesel or did you get them from a reputable seed bank?

You also need more light. See the distance that you have between the leaf sets? This is stretch and is not a good thing. It results in a thin spindly plant that has few bud sites. Tell us about your space (every indoor grow needs a dedicated grow space with adequate lighting and ventilation). Do you have a grow space set up? If so, tell us about your space--lighting, ventilation, size, RH, etc. etc. If not, we need to get you set up with something.

Well I'm using tops indoor soil, it comes in like a big green bag. The seeds came from a seed bank. Well the space to me seems to be good cause they basically have a whole bed room. I have the plants and lamps up on the dresser next to the window which I have a lil cracked open. And I have a standing fan
in the middle of the floor osculating the room.

I'm also kinda low on expenses so I'm hoping it works out the way I'm doing so I can eventually get the right stuff.

Latest posts

Back