Grow Journal: AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice.

lol i always hated germing into rockwool, they always seemed to kind of "purge" the seed out- lookin nice tho

wat system are u going to put them in once u TP them into 4in cubes?ebbflo>?

i got their chronic. 2Xpensive. Looks good mang

they were kind of pricey. But the results so far are great, and i trust the genetics of serious seeds. so im willing to get what i pay for.

i didnt germ in the starter plugs, i started in wet paper towel, then dropped them in as they popped.

the big cubes will go onto slabs in drip trays eventually. all rockwool, nothing too crazy.

i have plenty of pics, ill post every few days until more interesting things are happening , and ill also give a run down of everything i am using when i am not so lazy

Transplanting as soon as the big cubes are done soaking....here are a couple pre transplant pics, will post post-transplant ones when i am done....im not the greatest with pics, but any additional photos i can take if anyone wanted.

All done ....

one didnt fit in my tray so it got its own private room.

will be covering each cube and adding nutes as soon as they are delivered.

Ok. i am quite new to this particular forum. I just wanted to hop on and share my grow with all of you.

Heres what im working with
11 Ak-47 seeds from Serious Seeds. (bought from WWMS)
1000w MH/1000w HPS with Econowing reflectors
Ionic Nutrients: Grow, Bloom, Boost.
Liquid silicon

Germed in paper towel> sprouted in starter plugs>transplant to 4" rockwool cubes.

They will receive 24/0 of MH light until flower.

The plan is to keep them in the rockwool. Once sex is determined the females will be in drip trays on 1m rockwool slabs.

The first group was 6 seeds, dropped them in the starter plugs 15 days ago.
2nd batch was the remaining 5 seeds, they are 2 days behind the others.

for now my digital camera is broken, so my pictures lack some definition, as they are on an iphone camera.

If you plan on having a veg period, I can't see them lasting in those cubes till they show sex.

the widowmaker said:
Watch and learn bro, watch and learn

Yes sir, Runby.

I know that just one rockwool cube would be to small to support it, but the simple remedy----add more rockwool!

you can be patient and wait and see what happens, or i can just tell you, but i dont want to destroy the suspense if i dont have to!!:shocked:

thanks btw, to all, for the compliments and checkin out my grow!

I received my Ionic nutrients today, so ill be ready to add that in a couple days once the plants get adjusted to the large cubes.

Added covers to the cubes - keeps in moisture now, and prevents algae once i have nutes in them.

Whats up mang. Your babies are coming right along and looking great. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them babies a boost. :aok:

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up mang. Your babies are coming right along and looking great. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them babies a boost. :aok:

thanks bro. :bong:

today we addd nutes and hopefully these little things will be takin off soon!

Good luck with the grow, this method looks oddly familiar..lol. I will be following along.

Today was the first day the plants will be fed with nutrients.

Heres what im using

18 Gal tub w/lid
Ionic- Grow
Lots of water
NutraWand EC meter
pH meter , recently calibrated to perfection.

I use a nutra wand to stir in the nutes and measure the EC. Dont really measure it out, just splash in some nutes, stir, and repeat as necessary until the right EC is reached.

Goal is 1.0EC and you can see in the pic the red light says we are right now 1.0

pH the solution to 5.80.

just dunked each cube in the solution and that is that.

storzbickel said:
I use a nutra wand to stir in the nutes and measure the EC. Dont really measure it out, just splash in some nutes, stir, and repeat as necessary until the right EC is reached.
Can you please tell me what a nutra wand is and the EC?

Looking forward to following this AK batch!! Good growin!

benamucc said:
Can you please tell me what a nutra wand is and the EC?

Looking forward to following this AK batch!! Good growin!

Bena-

The large stick device in my pictures is a nutra wand. it is a meter that measures EC, PPM and CF.

EC is all im needing from that, Electrical Conductivity. A specific EC means a specific nutrient solution. Some people measure their mixes in ppm, but with these nutrients and this method of growing, EC is very simple and easy.

What it all boils down to is how much nutrients have been mixed into the water.

In fact, most electronic PPM meters are measuring in EC and converting into PPM readings.

hope that helps answer your question!

Latest posts

Back