Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting 4 ruderalis plants from a friend, two females and two males in preflower, and still in solo cups. These are for the first generation of what will eventually become a Supafreak auto.

I was so happy with the AC Infinity auto water pots, I bought 4 of the smaller ones for these plants. I am still amazed how well those things work with no checking pot weight or soil dampness. Just keep water in the reservoir.

That sounds like a plan. Find ya a big strong stanky Rudy and make some babies with big daddy. I wish I had more room. Nice outdoor project if I had the space.

That freak plant blows my mind. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I think I remember you saying you've grown this before. If so how was the potency?

That sounds like a plan. Find ya a big strong stanky Rudy and make some babies with big daddy. I wish I had more room. Nice outdoor project if I had the space.

That freak plant blows my mind. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I think I remember you saying you've grown this before. If so how was the potency?
It's not as strong as some, but it still kicks my butt...

We have seeds! I guess I didn't look at the reversed female close enough. There are quite a few opened pollen sacs, and those are definitely seeds on the female. I stuck the two male Rudys in the same room, so should have plenty of seeds for the next cross.

1710287112133.png

1710287134469.png

It's a tasty bud for sure. I've gotten a lot of interesting comments from the people I've given it to. A few have told me it's their absolute favorite. That's the main reason I let the mother plant grow and bud without pollinating it. Makes me a little sad my sense of smell and taste are so poor. It tastes like every other bud to me.

I found the Freakshow to be a good day time buzz. Kinda energetic. All weed kicks my butt though. Imma lightweight.
That is how I am with the white widow. I made some seeds and it was less potent than my other 3 kinds. It is good for daytime. It helps with pain and nausea and doesn't give me the munchies. It gives me energy and makes me want to keep working.

That is impressive. Feminized pollen?
You spray a female with silver thiosulfate (STS) or colloidal silver which blocks ethylene absorption so instead of pistils you get pollen sacs. And the females it pollinates produce only female seeds. They don't produce a lot of pollen, but usually enough to pollinate nearby females. I've had limited success collecting and storing it. There's so much more vegetable mater than pollen it's easy to contaminate.

You can also reverse males by spraying them with ethephon, since the male will convert it to ethylene. I have read that breeders will do this to a male clone to determine what female traits the father might contribute, but the seeds it produces, if any, tend to be sterile. I have also read spraying a female hermie with ethephon will revert it to pure female again. Never tried either, though.

You spray a female with silver thiosulfate (STS) or colloidal silver which blocks ethylene absorption so instead of pistils you get pollen sacs. And the females it pollinates produce only female seeds. They don't produce a lot of pollen, but usually enough to pollinate nearby females. I've had limited success collecting and storing it. There's so much more vegetable mater than pollen it's easy to contaminate.

You can also reverse males by spraying them with ethephon, since the male will convert it to ethylene. I have read that breeders will do this to a male clone to determine what female traits the father might contribute, but the seeds it produces, if any, tend to be sterile. I have also read spraying a female hermie with ethephon will revert it to pure female again. Never tried either, though.
Thanks. I knew you were reversing some plants I just wasn’t sure if this was what a reversed female looks like. I didn’t see the trichomes on the leaves when I first looked at the pic. That would have been the clue I needed. 😁 My brother was going to try that with one of his Snaggletooth plants but I think he accidentally killed them. Not with colloidal silver, I think he was away for a while and they didn’t survive the thirst. I had a male hermie a few summers ago. Male flowers with trichomes on what would be sugar leaves if it were female along with some pistils. I collected some pollen from it but the green matter in the pollen spoiled the pollen.☹️

I wondered what happened to the Snaggletooth plants... Hopefully it's not lost forever : )

Collecting reversed female pollen has been a challenge. I'm going to give drying the pollen sacs in the fridge a try next. I think the biggest problem is moisture in the green mater, and not the green mater itself.

@oldfogey8 , I still have the Mimosa seeds you sent me. I believe there are 6.
I have not popped them yet because I wanted to have a better grasp on seed making before I did.
I would be more than happy to mail them back to you if you want to look for that Snaggletooth.
I plan to do the same someday, I just don’t know how long it will be.
Plus, I don’t wanna be known as the guy that found it, screwed up the seed run, and then lost it, lol.

@oldfogey8 , I still have the Mimosa seeds you sent me. I believe there are 6.
I have not popped them yet because I wanted to have a better grasp on seed making before I did.
I would be more than happy to mail them back to you if you want to look for that Snaggletooth.
I plan to do the same someday, I just don’t know how long it will be.
Plus, I don’t wanna be known as the guy that found it, screwed up the seed run, and then lost it, lol.
I am all set. I still have some Mimosa seeds myself(I think) but have other things I want to try out. Big Sandy Holy Weed looks awesome and I have some of those seeds. Plus I have a couple more G&M strains I am itchin’ to try. I am loving the Heri-Berry cross now and I am still a good month and a half from smoking any.😁 Thanks though.

I wondered what happened to the Snaggletooth plants... Hopefully it's not lost forever : )

Collecting reversed female pollen has been a challenge. I'm going to give drying the pollen sacs in the fridge a try next. I think the biggest problem is moisture in the green mater, and not the green mater itself.
Have you tried Calcium Chloride? I had some mushrooms I wanted dry as a bone. Sealed them in a Tupperware container with a layer of CaCl2 under a layer of tin foil. In about 3 days the mushrooms were crispy.

Have you tried Calcium Chloride? I had some mushrooms I wanted dry as a bone. Sealed them in a Tupperware container with a layer of CaCl2 under a layer of tin foil. In about 3 days the mushrooms were crispy.
Cool, I never heard of doing that. If the fridge fails, I'll try that next.

I'd not known that either. Great info. All my shrooms failed miserably. I think I'll use the bags next time.

Latest posts

Back