Looking for better seed quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindywoo2

Reaction score
Good day all, I’m looking for some info on seed buying. I’m getting a bit frustrated with my grows. I think it might be the seeds, and I’ll explain below.
I’ve purchased seeds from what I thought were reputable seed companies. I have seeds from AMS, and Seed City. Because I live in Mexico I cannot buy from US or Canadian dealers, they won’t ship here. So I’m at the mercy of the European dealers, which I know have been around much longer and should be good quality seeds, I’m sure there are, but I would like to try some others incase I’m right, lol.
I’ve had many seeds not germinate, or germinate and only ever grow two or four leaves, I’ve had blueberry 420 only germinate a stem, with no leaves at all. The pic I’m showing is eight plants, six were germ/planted at the same time, one Pineapple Express seedling was decapitated by an insect of some sort, two other's are a week maybe two weeks later. One is a third white widow i germinated a week after the first six. I’ve fed them all the same nutes, I’ve used the same substrates, and amendments. Yet only two will be viable plants the rest are a waste of my time from what I can tell. The tallest plant is Pineapple Express, i germinated two, only one survived, the second tall plant is exodus cheese cbd, the rest are three white widows, two gorilla glue and a lenoncello haze, none of which are flowering height, yet are in pre flower any day…this is week 5 for the Pineapple Express, eX cheese, 2 white widow and lemoncello haze. The other three slow pokes are two gorilla glue and a third white widow. One gorilla glue didn’t get past the original four leaves as a seedling.
Any help you can offer is much appreciated!
Oh I forgot, I added some Mycorrhiza to them all after I read Cartys thread on autos. The two tall plants burst up about two inches two days after I fed it to them, the others still look sick.
Thanks to everyone… happy smoking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
When I finally got brave enough to order seeds to my home, my first couple of orders came from Seedsman. I always had excellent luck getting them through customs. The wait for them to get over here is long. It just is. Seedsman has a couple of their own strains but sells seeds from just about everyone else. I generally was satisfied with anything from Barney's Farm that came through Seedsman.. I always ordered for myself right around Christmas as a gift to myself and they were always here by spring time

Herbies never gave up on my beans. They had to ship them 3 times because of customs.
Thank you, I’ve never heard of Herbies, but I will look into it. AMS and Seed City had no problems shipping to mx, I got the seeds each order, they do stealth shipping, however, they don’t seem to be great quality, all five of my plants should be closer in size then they are, being planted the same day. The seeds of this batch came from both seed banks.

It’s tough finding decent weed here. It’s mostly brick weed, it’s what they sell to the tourists for an outrageous price. I’ve tried for two years to find someone who has info on where the weed comes from, if seeds are available, etc. it was only de-regulated two years ago, and we can “legally” grow up to 8 plants, since jun 2021. But the locals either are still to shy to talk about it or they really have no idea where it comes from. It’s a lot like living in Newfoundland. Very nice people, very strange habits, lol.

Try our sponsors at the top of this page. I have before and always had good luck. Canna Pot - Seed Connect - Weed Seeds Express - Herbies. They most all have a way to contact on their individual websites. Fire them off an e-mail - it shouldn't take a big long time for them to get back with you. And if it does let us know and especially which ones. Most of them keep their own pages here and you can send them a PM directly through here. It has been a very long time since I had to cross the border south and I don't think we were hassled at all. Coming back isn't fun - especially because we burned one while waiting in line and by the time we got up there they kind of frown on that. I don't know - maybe it is hard getting something sent South.

Try our sponsors at the top of this page. I have before and always had good luck. Canna Pot - Seed Connect - Weed Seeds Express - Herbies. They most all have a way to contact on their individual websites. Fire them off an e-mail - it shouldn't take a big long time for them to get back with you. And if it does let us know and especially which ones. Most of them keep their own pages here and you can send them a PM directly through here. It has been a very long time since I had to cross the border south and I don't think we were hassled at all. Coming back isn't fun - especially because we burned one while waiting in line and by the time we got up there they kind of frown on that. I don't know - maybe it is hard getting something sent South.
Thank you for that info. I will definitely check them out. It’s mostly the Canada and US based seed companies that refuse to ship here, probably because it’s not legal to do so. But the European companies have been doing it for probably decades, lol
I just haven’t been impressed with the seeds I have, given three out of nine don’t produce a viable plant.

All your plants look salvageable. Once there that size its not the seeds fault.
Tell us about your grow method, what are you feeding them , lights?
What is the white stuff on alot of leaves?

All your plants look salvageable. Once there that size its not the seeds fault.
Tell us about your grow method, what are you feeding them , lights?
What is the white stuff on alot of leaves?
Thank you for replying Growdude,
Well, I’m growing up on my rooftop terrace, in puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
I’m using non woven grow bags, 3 and 5 gallon. I mix my substrate, using organic coconut chips, organic compost, and perlite. I amend with worm castings, and molasses diluted in water, once a month or so. I’m using General Hydroponics grow/micro/bloom and will be adding big bud supplement to this grow. I had been feeding with each watering, but am now cutting back. But the four plants that are stunted never got over fed, as they never used much water being so small. I water approx 1 liter per plant, because the root balls of previous plants were small, so I tend to water around the canopy, they just don’t use much water.
I also just picked up some mycorrhizae, and fed to all the plants about a week and a half ago. I saw immediate results in the two taller plants in the picture, but nothing changed with the others. They are all in preflower now. I was using rainwater but now using tap water, that’s 24 hours or more old, and I test ph each time I water. Sunlight is approx 12-14 hours a day, and shortening. The white stuff is diametacious earth, I use to battle the aphids and other vermin, lol.
I have vegetables also growing in the same space. Cantaloupe, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, squash, celery, and zucchini.
I’ve had no less then 10 seeds that didn’t germinate or germinated a stem and no leaves, in the past 6 months, so I guess that’s why I attributed it to being seed quality.
Is there a way to save these, being so short and in flowering mode, week 6.?
I had an ak48 in April grow to 5 inches and flowered. I let it go to see what would happen. It yielded less then 7 grams, and got mold. I would rather start again then waste the next 6 weeks, my grow season ends in may, lol.
Thank you for any input, I’m eternally grateful…
Cindy

It looks like Puerta Vallarta has under 11 hours of sunlight this time of year. Looks like early April you start getting 12 hours. At 12 hrs of light and under, a photo period plant will flower when it is mature. Maybe look into some autos. They don’t care about light cycles and may be a better option during the months that have short daylight periods.

Good day all, I’m looking for some info on seed buying. I’m getting a bit frustrated with my grows. I think it might be the seeds, and I’ll explain below.
I’ve purchased seeds from what I thought were reputable seed companies. I have seeds from AMS, and Seed City. Because I live in Mexico I cannot buy from US or Canadian dealers, they won’t ship here. So I’m at the mercy of the European dealers, which I know have been around much longer and should be good quality seeds, I’m sure there are, but I would like to try some others incase I’m right, lol.
I’ve had many seeds not germinate, or germinate and only ever grow two or four leaves, I’ve had blueberry 420 only germinate a stem, with no leaves at all. The pic I’m showing is eight plants, six were germ/planted at the same time, one Pineapple Express seedling was decapitated by an insect of some sort, two other's are a week maybe two weeks later. One is a third white widow i germinated a week after the first six. I’ve fed them all the same nutes, I’ve used the same substrates, and amendments. Yet only two will be viable plants the rest are a waste of my time from what I can tell. The tallest plant is Pineapple Express, i germinated two, only one survived, the second tall plant is exodus cheese cbd, the rest are three white widows, two gorilla glue and a lenoncello haze, none of which are flowering height, yet are in pre flower any day…this is week 5 for the Pineapple Express, eX cheese, 2 white widow and lemoncello haze. The other three slow pokes are two gorilla glue and a third white widow. One gorilla glue didn’t get past the original four leaves as a seedling.
Any help you can offer is much appreciated!
Oh I forgot, I added some Mycorrhiza to them all after I read Cartys thread on autos. The two tall plants burst up about two inches two days after I fed it to them, the others still look sick.
Thanks to everyone… happy smoking.
Try ILGM...I've purchased LA Confidential and Skywalker OG from them and I'm pleased with their genetics. I respectfully suggest you look into organic growing. If you think the mycho you added has helped, think about providing EVERYTHING that your plant needs in living organic soil...its truly amazing. Good luck!!!

Try ILGM...I've purchased LA Confidential and Skywalker OG from them and I'm pleased with their genetics. I respectfully suggest you look into organic growing. If you think the mycho you added has helped, think about providing EVERYTHING that your plant needs in living organic soil...its truly amazing. Good luck!!!
I’m sure they are great, but they don’t ship outside the US.

Latest posts

Back