I can't grow weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunom

Reaction score
After my last harvest, I planted a Zkittlez auto with the plan of topping it. All was going well. ~14 days I topped her, and side shoots were exploding.

Drama ensued. In a panic, I chopped her.

Since then, I've planted 11 seeds.

The first didn't germinate. The second two didn't germinate. The next two germinated, but one was a mutant with the other that just stopped growing... Completely. The next two didn't germinate. I got psst. I do this the exact same way. All the time. Directly into the final container.

Saturday, I changed up and put 4 seeds into peatpucks. 🤞 🤞

Last edited:
take a breath and sit back to review what you've been doing wrong...ask questions to the point of oblivion...you wont learn until you kill a few plants...not gonna say anything about the phone...

Have you tried the paper towel method? Keep your hands and materials clean and it's pretty much foolproof. Leave it alone for the first 36 hours, keep sealed in a bag. Try to plant when tap root is around a half inch.

I was just venting y'all. Thanks for the helpful and sympathetic replies. This happened once before.

I keep my water @~6.8 pH. Before SIPs, I've always germinated my seeds in red cups. Same in my early days of SIP growing. The past several have been in final container.

Unnecessary murder comes with a price (the Zkittlez). The last time this happened (^^^) was a result of the same thing.

Some folks call that karma... I call it Chaos. Either way...

These last 4 that I put in the peat pucks consist of 2 (regular seeds) Shock Trauma and The Force each. One of the Shock Trauma has germinated. I'm hopeful that the rest will follow. If not...

Germinating seeds at a high rate requires sterile soil that drains just right not too airy but not too tight and the right temps. Humidity of the medium does not need to be precise. Seeds will seek humidity when the temps are right. It is important to keep the soil from growing mold on the seeds and killing them so avoid using a totally closed dome. I use seed starting soil that has minimal nutrients and i don't add perlite. I also found coco to be a poor seed starting medium IME. i soak it in bleach or peroxide then flush the hell out of it, fill in 1.5" cubes tray i place that on an elevated stand that is 2" high and is like a plastic net and then cover it with a raised dome that is just below the soil level and cfl's until i gets to 73-75F steady. Only then will i place the seeds under just 1/3" of soil. I use straight tap water of 7.8PH with a mister, but you will not need to water much if at all since they normally pop in 3-5 days. I let the surface of the soil tell me if it needs water. This method improved my germination rate to 90%. Some seeds are just not viable anyway. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

My snow leopards popped and are growing good. Now to figure out the boys from the girls…
CB903B6E-1C46-4F7D-A81D-D0DDA3B5491D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back