Hey guys she hermed ......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So
I remember those days...put on a platter, listen to some tunes, and shake seeds out. In fact, I'd never even heard of sensi-bud until my time in Hawaii.
So, I'm trying grove bags for the first time. Always been skeptical of them but I'm trying them. My weed is about 64-67% right now in the cure. Should i wait until it drops to store them? I honestly don't think there going to make much of a difference, but we will see. I've tried these bovedacpacks ..ha! What i do know works pretty good are those cigar beads.idk why i never bought any of those. I know someone that uses them in his little cigar display case thingy. He said he won't buy anything else. But anyways, yeah, just wanted to post and see if anyone has some insight. Thank you!

I'm a jar guy. Not saying it's better, it's just how I do it.
Jar Head from way back too
1698777034937.png

To control fungus gnats:
  • Resist overwatering your plants. Allow at least the top inch of the growing mix to dry out between waterings. Make sure that the container affords good drainage. Fungus gnats thrive in moist conditions.
  • Empty the pots' saucers of any water that collects in them, and clean humidity trays regularly. If potting mix escapes into these vessels, be sure to remove it.
  • Use sticky traps.
  • Spread a half an inch of coarse horticultural sand on top of the potting mix. When you water, the sand will drain and dry quickly. It is not an attractive place for the adult gnats to lay eggs, and even if they do, the sand makes it difficult for any larvae that hatches to burrow.
  • You might also replace the top inch of potting soil with fresh soil, or repot the plant entirely. Note: Fungus gnat larvae can be present in ready-made potting mixes. Letting the mix dry out after you open the bag, before you use it, might help prevent an infestation.
Q&A

In my experience, no. Your only hope is to hope the buds finish before the larva kill the roots of your plants. I did have minimal luck with pouring H2O2 directly into my hydroton pots. Not sure how that would work for soil.

Edited to add; Don't know if the stun gun would work, but it couldn't hurt to try on one plant. If it does work, please let me know!

In my experience, no. Your only hope is to hope the buds finish before the larva kill the roots of your plants. I did have minimal luck with pouring H2O2 directly into my hydroton pots. Not sure how that would work for soil.

Edited to add; Don't know if the stun gun would work, but it couldn't hurt to try on one plant. If it does work, please let me know!
So i think this is a hermie. I tried uploading a video showing it but the video is too long. Also, after just barely touching it, it fell right off. Not sure, but i did however, try some ectroculture. Had to do a little research on electricity and how it travels.. it just showed me i have a ways to go . The video is too long. Maybe i can chop it or something. I took an extension cord and plugged it in obviously.. but took one end and stuck it in the just watered soil, then took a pry bar and stuck it in the bottom of the pot (horizontally) i then hooked up my volt meter and stuck the probes on the soil as good as i could.. then ran the other end of that wire up and down the metal on the pry bar. The meter read up to about 20. I then took the wire that was in the soil and moved it closer down in the soil to the pry bar, then ran the hot wire over the bar again. Started making better sparks. Volts jumped up in the 30's. Again, i moved the wire further down in the soil closer to the bar and ran the wire across the bar. This time i seen spikes closer to 50. Sparks were getting a little bigger, but the popping noise was increasing quite a bit. I figure the meter didn't or couldn't get an accurate reading since the probes weren't that long. But anyways, in one week I'm going to pull my plant and investigate the soil and hopefully i find a bunch of dead ass larvae. My plant doesn't look affected. The hermie is on the Gelato. I performed the electroculture on the blue dream. I also have some microscope video of a knat larvae getting flooded with straight 3% peroxide. He didn't like it. Not one bit i don't think. I imagine if it was a little higher in %, the larvae might not have lasted as long, but with 3%, he just squirmed a bunch then sort of..idk.. probably drowned. Ok..

Attachments

• 20231109_161219.jpg
    20231109_161219.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
So i think this is a hermie. I tried uploading a video showing it but the video is too long. Also, after just barely touching it, it fell right off. Not sure, but i did however, try some ectroculture. Had to do a little research on electricity and how it travels.. it just showed me i have a ways to go . The video is too long. Maybe i can chop it or something. I took an extension cord and plugged it in obviously.. but took one end and stuck it in the just watered soil, then took a pry bar and stuck it in the bottom of the pot (horizontally) i then hooked up my volt meter and stuck the probes on the soil as good as i could.. then ran the other end of that wire up and down the metal on the pry bar. The meter read up to about 20. I then took the wire that was in the soil and moved it closer down in the soil to the pry bar, then ran the hot wire over the bar again. Started making better sparks. Volts jumped up in the 30's. Again, i moved the wire further down in the soil closer to the bar and ran the wire across the bar. This time i seen spikes closer to 50. Sparks were getting a little bigger, but the popping noise was increasing quite a bit. I figure the meter didn't or couldn't get an accurate reading since the probes weren't that long. But anyways, in one week I'm going to pull my plant and investigate the soil and hopefully i find a bunch of dead ass larvae. My plant doesn't look affected. The hermie is on the Gelato. I performed the electroculture on the blue dream. I also have some microscope video of a knat larvae getting flooded with straight 3% peroxide. He didn't like it. Not one bit i don't think. I imagine if it was a little higher in %, the larvae might not have lasted as long, but with 3%, he just squirmed a bunch then sort of..idk.. probably drowned. Ok..
Screenshot_20231117-191336_Photos.jpg
20231116_161520.jpg
heres my blue dream that survived the fungus knat infestation and the electro shock therapy. I think im happy. I think the other picture is a nanner on my Gelato. I already harvested her so I'm not worried. First nanner though.

I've seen many buds pop out bananas late in flower. I don't consider it a hermied unless I see balls pop out. To me she's just over ripe and is trying to continue her species without the aid of male pollen. Ya may find a couple bean or you may not. It's like finding a seed in dispensary weed. It's usually from what is happening in your grow.
That's my two cents..lol. I bet she cures up nice n juicy. Nice grow.

I've always been lucky with a seed I find in good dank. It's almost always a female.
So you e had good luck with bag seed? I've found a few in dispensary weed. Kept the beans I found
Not sure if I wanna grow them out but I probably will eventually.

Latest posts

Back