Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The freaks finally took over the 2X4. I moved the little autos into the flower room, and the tomato and pepper plants into the main room. The two on the left are the Supafreaks and the others Freakshows. I have rooting clones of all but one of the Freakshows. For some reason I haven't been able to get a cutting of that one to root. Hopefully I get at least one female of each, so I can finally make some feminized seeds.

1703638774289.png

I chopped one of the BSHW plants in the back room to make space for the others. I forgot to take a pic, but here is her younger self, grown from a seedling in 12/12 by accident.

1703639109169.png

And the end result... wish I had let her grow full size. The buds are super dense.

1703639142253.png

I am getting ready to try the Freaks again next seed pop. Hopefully get a female this time and have some clones ready to go outside this spring.
If I manage to get some feminized seeds I'll send some your way. Hopefully, they won't be as annoying to pop as the last batch.

My three freaks in the 2X4 tent kicked the fourth one out. It's sitting in the main shop area with some extra clones I was going to reverse. I think I've hosed myself again for the summer. I have a Costa Rica trip in March, and won't be able to start flowering them before I get back. I'm sort of hoping for a couple of males, so I will have more room and more time to figure out what to do with them. They will be pushing against the light by then : )

1705007809952.png

The one on the left is a Supafreak and female. Funny that the mother is showing pistils when her clone sitting in 12/12 for three weeks is still indeterminate.

1705007861637.png

The thrips prompted me to cut the lights in the flower room for 48 hours to accelerate the preflower stage on the clones. I now have one Supafreak and one Freakshow. The Freakshow clone is being difficult and is probably a male, but it's still indeterminate. The Supafreak is definitely female.

So last night I was able to cull everything but the female and the maybe-female mother plants and their three clones. The autos I was growing got tossed, so did the pepper and tomato plants. The leaves on the tomato plants were clear, but the stems looked like an adult thrip party hang out. Sort of freaked me out leading to tossing the pepper plant which didn't seem to have any on it.

I sprayed with a mix of Earth's Ally and alcohol, dimmed the lights and killed the fans. Left them that way all night and part of the morning while I cleaned the floor and surfaces of anything that might harbor a thrip. I only found a few thrip larva and no live adults this afternoon. Then I defoliated the poor freaks of most of their large leaf clusters. Looking at them now, I should have taken more. The top soil and stalks also got a layer of DE for good measure.

1705269551351.png

Some of the larger leaf clusters. I have no excuse for not noticing all the thrip damage, though even now they are difficult to spot on those leaves. They move around on the edges, and duck under the leaf as soon as the light hits them.

1705269962417.png

Hi; can u tell me which bowl trimmer you're using please. Thanks
The 16" Vivosun. They are all the same as far as I can tell, though. I suspect they were all made in the same CCP factory. The blades are interchangeable as well. I use iPower blades in my Vivosun, since they are identical.

My two freaks. The little one on the right is the Freakshow, its clone I'm still trying to sex. The bigger one on the left is the Supafreak female. It's 4-5 weeks younger than the Freakshow plant. Don't know why it didn't catch on with other freak growers. Grows faster and has bigger buds.

1706057627435.png

And this one a bit earlier…
Post in thread 'Old Fo Freak Show Grow'
Old Fo Freak Show Grow

It was tough to tell as I recall but I am pretty certain the females showed pistils after a couple of weeks.

And this one a bit earlier…
Post in thread 'Old Fo Freak Show Grow'
Old Fo Freak Show Grow

It was tough to tell as I recall but I am pretty certain the females showed pistils after a couple of weeks.
They sure are some elusive plants. Of course, I've never seen a female Freakshow. That male makes 9 males in a row! At least it gives me room to flower the Supafreak. My friend and I are working to make a SF auto hopefully within the next 30 months or so.

Okay, it's definitely male. It just has weird looking pollen sacs, and some of them look like they are about to open. I'm going to chop it tonight, take some cuttings from the Supafreak then switch the lights to 12/12. Hopefully I won't have another auto watering disaster while on vacation in March.

Okay, it's definitely male. It just has weird looking pollen sacs, and some of them look like they are about to open. I'm going to chop it tonight, take some cuttings from the Supafreak then switch the lights to 12/12. Hopefully I won't have another auto watering disaster while on vacation in March.
I gotta look at your auto watering rig. My wife is hell bent on taking a 10 day vacation in April which I think is going to coincide with 2nd or 3rd week of flower for my plants.

Latest posts

Back