Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still undecided to what degree I'm gonna jump into this thing, but any growing I do is gonna be inside, for sure. I'll probably have one or two plants at most, ever, and maybe have them up on some kind of a mobile platform, so I can move them around to take advantage of the sun as much as possible. My girl(s) right now get 15-30 minute rotations in the sun when it's out - when it's not, I have an led shop light I stick it under. I might upgrade the light at some point, but as much as I babysit and fuss over what I have, I really want simplicity, and I'd prefer quality over quantity...'cause I'm a way-lightweight.

Like Brylcreem...a little dab'll do me. LOL
In about 6 months I went from growing a couple of autos on my bedroom dresser to a grow room and two extra tents in the shop. Not saying it will happen to you, but it's a very addicting hobby : )

In about 6 months I went from growing a couple of autos on my bedroom dresser to a grow room and two extra tents in the shop. Not saying it will happen to you, but it's a very addicting hobby : )
Yeah, I'm considering all that, too. I have an addictive personality, to boot. UGH

:cool:

Dumb question, but is there any reason I shouldn't use DE in a foliar spray? I sprayed the underside of a couple of plants in veg, or maybe early flower, and they dried with DE visible on the surfaces. It doesn't easily brush off either. I've been finding the odd thrip larva on them for several weeks, and no amount of soap, alcohol or spinosad sprays have killed them all.

Ummm, oops : ) The stuff doesn't wash off either. Not sure I want to smoke any bud from these, but I bet they are finally bug free! I'm thinking these GDPAs would like some Blueberry Cookies Auto pollen which I was gifted recently...

1700269744807.png

Ummm, oops : ) The stuff doesn't wash off either. Not sure I want to smoke any bud from these, but I bet they are finally bug free! I'm thinking these GDPAs would like some Blueberry Cookies Auto pollen which I was gifted recently...

View attachment 347020
Yep sounds like A good choice

The Supafreaks are taking their time, but still doing well under the over bright light. I know too much light tends to generate more males, but supposedly that doesn't happen until at least week four. I'll back of then until I hopefully get a female confirmed, and then turn the light back up. They seem to want a lot more light than plants with normal leaves.

I found an adult thrip on one two days ago and hosed them down with soap spray. Also mixed in some DE in the top of the coco mix. Apparently thrips have to spend part of their life cycle in the dirt.

1700576557866.png

1700576569157.png

The two freakshows. I recently backed off on the light to hopefully get a female this time. With seven males in a row I must be doing something wrong. The added stress of thrips doesn't help, I'm sure, but I think I'm close to beating them. They don't like the freaks much anyway. The white spots on the leaves are from thrips, though.

1700577137288.png

1700577147420.png

The two GDPA plants. Yes, that's DE all over their leaves, and I haven't found a single bug on them since I did that. I was worried it would hurt them, but they still look healthy and happy if you don't count the old thrip damage.

I have four different feminized auto pollens I will start using this weekend, Blueberry Cookies Auto, Hindu Kush Auto, Wedding Glue Auto and more GDP Auto. It will be interesting trying to pollinate each one half and half without getting them confused or cross pollinating the branches by accident. I guess since they are bug free I can move one or the other into the shop with the Supafreaks while there is active pollen on it.

1700577999557.png

1700578011149.png

I just received a ton load of GDPA Reg's.... a bunch of assorted fem'd Autos... how cool is that, and just because I gifted someone seeds. the circle of giving keeps expanding too... way to pay it forward..
Carty
Seems like every time I send someone seeds I end up with more strains than I started with. There are a lot of generous growers around willing to share.

Seems like every time I send someone seeds I end up with more strains than I started with. There are a lot of generous growers around willing to share.
Yes there are. I love the generous people here. My seed trade thread was a hit. If anyone want to add their list feel free. I really enjoy sharing and swapping. You get so many original strains. Going to be trying out so many this summer.

Quick update. I added some Caramelicious X Animal Cookies Auto seedlings to the DWC as a trial run. Not bothering with the chiller yet, since the ambient air in the shop is below 60 degrees most of the time anyway.

1702768118964.png

My little 2X4 tent is already full. So much for taking a break until next year...

1702768165138.png

Two tomato plants on the left, then two Supafreaks to hopefully make some feminized seeds. Then two Freak Shows also to make seeds. Then the seeded GDPA and four "extra" Caramalicious X Animal Cookies Auto on the right. I also removed the yellow sticky traps after finally getting rid of all the thrips.

I wasted a couple of weeks trying to clone the freak shows in 60 degree water. They never rooted, of course. I gave in yesterday and added a heating pad and controlled it for 72 degrees. One was already showing roots this morning. I should know if either of them are female in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back