Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have to plant some more SF seeds, and this time crack them before I get them wet. Three of the four seedlings didn't make it. Leaves started growing, but the tap roots just shriveled up. I left them in the solo cups just in case, but I'm pretty sure they're gone.

I use a medicine bottle with a piece of sandpaper, rolled up on the inside, facing the beans. Shake the beans for about two minutes and you’ll see that the rim of the edge where the beans come together are white and ready to break free…. They pop much easier this way.

Great idea Boo. Never thought of the medicine bottle. That sounds easier then the matchbox.

That sounds easier than trying to crack them manually. I don't have a good hand strength anymore. Had surgery on both hands and with arthritis its no good. I cracked the 2 seeds I found we will se if I was too rough or not. More likely was than not.
Medicine bottles and sandpaper I have from rough to fine.

The seed filled GDPA plants are chopped and drying. The leaves on both were all turning brown, so I didn't think the seeds were going to mature much more. Funny how small they look with all the leaves dead or gone.

I picked seeds off a couple of lower branches on one and one lower branch on the other with about 50 seeds per branch. The rest I'll wait to dry so the seeds will be easier to collect. I'll be surprised if there aren't at least 1000 seeds. Would have been a lot more had I not lost three other seedlings when I got sent to Germany right after popping the seeds.

The male and one female were from @Carty and the other female from MNSL in Amsterdam. Carty gets as many as he wants, of course.

1699728711631.png

1699728732063.png

1699728746275.png

Excellent job brudda... gotta love when a good plan comes together like this one has. Looks like the majority of the seed stock is viable too.. I'd love to have a grip of these for my little collection.
Hey, were the seeds I gave ya the Auto Fem's?? was going thru seeds tonight and GDPA was one of my choices to be starting soon... but now leaning towards Sour Dub x Bubblegum @2 and Dosi Jedi Camel Toe @2.. all 4 fem..

Did ya seed it all or was there some you could test and report on a wee bit..

I use a medicine bottle with a piece of sandpaper, rolled up on the inside, facing the beans. Shake the beans for about two minutes and you’ll see that the rim of the edge where the beans come together are white and ready to break free…. They pop much easier this way.
Great idea for almost any seedling... old old seeds I'll actually take a sharp pocket knife and shave the seam..

Also, when you soak in water add in Hydrogen Peroxide. The seed has spent it's life in a "ahem" sticky situation... hehe. from the calyx that was holding it so lovingly to the sticky fingers that handled it during harvest and gathering. All this creates a film on the shell that can solidify into a harder shell.. add a little hydrogen peroxide into the glass it will soften this up and/or remove it.. anything we can do to improve their chance.. biggest plus to improve young life's.. root base at 78F to 82F until well rooted..

have fun

Excellent job brudda... gotta love when a good plan comes together like this one has. Looks like the majority of the seed stock is viable too.. I'd love to have a grip of these for my little collection.
Hey, were the seeds I gave ya the Auto Fem's?? was going thru seeds tonight and GDPA was one of my choices to be starting soon... but now leaning towards Sour Dub x Bubblegum @2 and Dosi Jedi Camel Toe @2.. all 4 fem..

Did ya seed it all or was there some you could test and report on a wee bit..

Thanks Carty. It was a mangled plan, but it worked out in the end...

They were regulars, and thanks for sending them. I had been looking for regular GDPA seeds for a while. I can send you some fem seeds from a previous grow. I have a couple other fem autos you might like too.

I left the male in the tent with the two females and a fan blowing on them : ) It's all seeded, but there's a little bud here and there I could maybe dry and test. Not sure how strong it will be.

So, 700-ish from the smaller plant I left in a 1 gal nursery pot. That's the one from MNSL. The other has a lot more, but I haven't had time to collect the seeds, clean them and cull the green ones. I did smoke a little of the mangled bud I dried in the dehydrator. I can't judge the aroma having virtually no sense of smell, but it was smooth and pretty strong, made collecting all the seeds seem entertaining. At least I didn't have to count them myself : )

1699831194223.png

I love your counter thingy crash 😊
Right.... I was like, man, I thought I was a tweeker.. then seen his counter thing that did it for him.. wheew.

Ok, I'll take #41 thru 51... hahaha

So, were you happy with how she grew... I'm sitting on 6 more and 1 fem GDPA.. Project for later days..

Anything else your looking for, I like the fact your willing to preserve a strain....
and for sure be up for some of your gear bro... gotta love when people return the goodness ...

Your not looking for any projects are ya??

Right.... I was like, man, I thought I was a tweeker.. then seen his counter thing that did it for him.. wheew.

Ok, I'll take #41 thru 51... hahaha

So, were you happy with how she grew... I'm sitting on 6 more and 1 fem GDPA.. Project for later days..

Anything else your looking for, I like the fact your willing to preserve a strain....
and for sure be up for some of your gear bro... gotta love when people return the goodness ...

Your not looking for any projects are ya??
That counter app is free as long as you only used it a few times a week. After that they want a high subscription fee. I would have paid to own it, but a subscription is a little over the top.

She grew pretty well considering the MG soil I put her in. Self topped early on, so I didn't have to do anything but water and feed her. I also cost all of them almost a week sticking them in solo cups when I got sent to Germany with barely 6 hours notice.

I might be up for some other projects this spring. Things are pretty chaotic at the moment, and I had to pack up all but one tent to free my shop for actual work. The tent the GDPAs were in was blocking the mill and band saw... I moved it last week, but now it blocks my dart board : )

Not sure how long I should wait for them to dry before I put them in the mail. I figure a couple of weeks at least?

Latest posts

Back